Taking Dificid 1 day after Vanco?

Treatments, possible treatments, unsubstantiated/unproven treatments. Consult your doctor first.
Moopus
New User

Re: Taking Dificid 1 day after Vanco?

Postby Moopus » Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:39 pm

Thanks, me, too! Unfortunately, I recognized that unforgettable smell both yesterday and worse today. I don't think I'd believe a negative test right now.

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:47 pm

Sorry you are having issues again but don't get discouraged , maybe this isn't a relapse. You can have a lot of "off days" in recovery so maybe that's what you are dealing with . The smell can be due to malabsorbtion , it doesn't always indicate active infection. I had smelly BM only the first time i had the infection but never with my relapses. Praying that your test comes back negative.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:55 am

If you can, wait until your test results before starting the vanco. If it is not c diff, the vanco may mask whatever other infection it might be. You should do a stool culture to see if the c diff is negative. Malabsorption and pancreatic issues can also cause D and a bad smell. Hopefully, it is not c diff, but if it is, you have the vanco and you can look into getting FMT.

Moopus
New User

Postby Moopus » Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:45 am

Thanks, Ladies. I should know the results later today. I have already taken 4 doses of Vanco :/ I panic because the D (mush) causes me to not absorb medication thus thrusting me into antidepressant withdrawal. It is horrific and I can't bear to go through it right now. I have not been the same since April when this all began. Menopause symptoms have ramped up and I am losing my grip.

I don't like how the Vanco makes me feel, either. It is not a systemic drug therefore it shouldn't cause side effects outside of the GI tract, no? My mood was weird when I was on it last time and it is today, too. Worse than usual, it seems. I'm losing it.

amyc
Long Time Contributor

Postby amyc » Sat Jul 16, 2016 2:03 pm

I'm so, so sorry.

susant
Regular Contributor

Postby susant » Sat Jul 16, 2016 10:30 pm

I'm sorry. I've been there quite a few times now. Hope you feel better soon and are cured soon!!

Moopus
New User

Postby Moopus » Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:17 pm

Thank all of you. I haven't seen the results yet but one of the nurses I saw at the clinic today checked the lab portal and thinks it is negative. I only took 4 doses of Vanco, last one being yesterday morning. I haven't had any bathroom activity since. I ate some Cardamom pudding from a mix that didn't sit well with me. Maybe that was the problem. That smell, though. Distinctive.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:10 am

Anytime you have malabsorption, you can have that smell. I had it after c diff and it wasn't from that. I even had it while on vanco and when I took Xifaxan it cleared up.

Lisa33
Long Time Contributor

Postby Lisa33 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:41 am

Sorry you are having all these issues. Since you already started the vanco, your doctor may have you finish the course. This thread is getting long, so I'm going to lock it. If you would like to continue this conversation Moopus, please start a new thread with the same title, Part 2. Thanks!

Return to “Treatments”