Is there a good probiotic to take to help with C. Diff?

Treatments, possible treatments, unsubstantiated/unproven treatments. Consult your doctor first.
fishrman
Regular User

Re: Is there a good probiotic to take to help with C. Diff?

Postby fishrman » Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:11 pm

So sorry for your having to undergo it twice but glad to hear you are much better now. Is one pill suppose to be 5 billion then? I have been taking one in the morning and one in the evening. I feel it is helping me but who really knows?

TinaKS
Brand New Poster

Postby TinaKS » Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:02 pm

Has anyone used Bacid? This is what my husband's surgeon suggested, but not many pharmacys have it. What about Culturelle? He's on 250mg of Vanco for the next 4 weeks. He has other issues, too long to go into.
Thanks

fishrman
Regular User

Postby fishrman » Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:21 pm

TinaKS, I have not tried Bacid. I have been taking Florastor and an off brand Lactobacillius rhamnosus GG and Lactobacillus acidophilius along with trying to eat a little sour kraut that is not pastuerized. Trying to get some things going with food including Kefir. I think I have turned the corner and getting more like my self. Trying to eat some things I used to eat prior to C. Diff. with some success. Is he taking 4 tablets a day of the Vanco for four weeks? That seems to be an awfully lot from my limited experience.

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:21 pm

Probiotics are an "iffy" subject. Some believe in them. Some don't. See CDI - Probiiotics .

Colturelle and Vsl3 are two of the older ones that might have some merit.

Return to “Treatments”