Flagl ?

Treatments, possible treatments, unsubstantiated/unproven treatments. Consult your doctor first.
Jersey09
Brand New Poster

Flagl ?

Postby Jersey09 » Sat Apr 23, 2016 6:51 pm

Hi everyone

C diff virgin over here! I'm about 5 days into Flagl and most of the symptoms have stopped within the first few days however today I've gone 3 times and it's still not normally formed. I did start to eat more regular food and Started sacc boulardii today to help. A little concerned that it hasn't fully stopped. Is this "normal" for Flagl treatment?
Thank you for any advice or tips!

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Re: Flagl ?

Postby NanciT » Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:30 pm

Hello Jersey09,

Welcome to the site. Our welcome letter and rules are in the first section on the board.

It sounds typical while taking any of the medications during CDIFF the BM's can be all over the place. If you are tolerating Flagyl well, that is great, it can be difficult to take. Many stick to a bland diet during this time but once again if you are feeling well do what is right for you. The BM's can continue from quite some time after treatment is complete and it takes many a long time to get to a new "normal". Give it some time, sounds like you are doing well if you can return to a normal diet.

Hopefully once you complete the Flagyl, you will find yourself getting back to normal.
NanciT

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:18 am

Hi Jersey
Sorry you are dealing with CDiff but it seems that Flagyl is working for you.As Nanci said , do not expect to return to normal this quick.Even if Falgyl is working and cures your Cdiff infection you can still have issues for awhile.Saccharomyces b. is a good probiotic but you can also try some probiotic food like yogurt or kefir or pickels you might tolerate them if you are eating a normal diet.Hopefully you are among those 80% people that get cured from the frst or second round of meds.
Sending positive vibes your way , for a speedy recovery!

Jersey09
Brand New Poster

Postby Jersey09 » Sun Apr 24, 2016 6:28 am

Thanks! I feel a little better now. Flagl for the most part has been good. Definitely find myself more hungry in the morning and then the appetite decreases throughout the day. I'll try some yogurt and add that to the diet!
Thanks again for the positive thoughts!

ppp67
Regular Contributor

Postby ppp67 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:04 pm

yogurt is an excellent idea.
maybe eat it BETWEEN flagyl doses.
When you are done the flagyl, eat lots of it if you can.
If you can handle yogurt, you should (must!) get eating it post-meds.

Good luck!

Return to “Treatments”