Urgent question for moderators on tapering

Treatments, possible treatments, unsubstantiated/unproven treatments. Consult your doctor first.
Ismaila
Regular Contributor

Urgent question for moderators on tapering

Postby Ismaila » Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:03 am

Dear people - Roy, Bobbie, Lisa, Beth, Nanci , Georgina...

Is it safe to take my last 4 Vanco pills , one pill per day, or shall I stay 2 more days on 2 pills a day? Is there really a big difference at all? All together, it would be 120 pills of 125 mg. Vanco .

My GI initially prescribed tapering for ten days , 2 pills a day. However, since I am still on Macrobid for UTI, my feeling is that Vanco at the same time basically continues to irritate my urinary tract/ bladder. I thought if I would start taking 1 Vanco pill per day , it may help Macrobid finish the job successfully.

Incidentally, MAYO clinic has a whole page on Vanco having adverse effect on urinary tract/bladder, so it is not urban legend, so to say.

Thank you so much in advance for any tip, or piece of advice.

Ismaila

roy
Administrator

Re: Urgent question for moderators on tapering

Postby roy » Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:34 am

You should ask your Dr or pharmacist.
Its wrong for anyone here to comment on changing a Drs instruction.

Ismaila
Regular Contributor

Postby Ismaila » Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:23 am

Roy, thank you. I just thought that it may actually make difference. I know nobody should give medical advice; I just wanted to hear other people's experience on tapering.

Thanks again!

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Postby NanciT » Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:40 am

As Roy has mentioned, none of here can provide how to dose medication. On this board, members will only share our individual experiences and not make any medical suggestions.

I am happy you are near the end of your long Vanco taper!! Hopefully soon you will find yourself improving and feeling much better!! Give it time once you stop, remember BM's can be all over the place post treatment until your system recovers into a normal pattern.

You are almost there!
NanciT

Ismaila
Regular Contributor

Postby Ismaila » Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:37 pm

Thank you NanciT, and Thank you guys for everything! Keep your fingers crossed for me - or pray.

Thank you.

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:51 am

Praying for you Ismaila , hope this taper will do the trick for you! {{hugs}}

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:41 am

Ask your doctor and discuss the data on vanco and bladder irritation. All I can tell you from my own experience is that when I went on one vanco a day, after about 5 or 6 days, I relapsed. That is when I decided to do FMT, but not everyone has my experience.

Ismaila
Regular Contributor

Postby Ismaila » Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:01 am

Since it was weekend, I decided to just finish the Vanco as prescribed ( 2 last pills today). God help me.

I do not need to talk about Vanco and bladder issues, because MAYO clinic is clear on that: Vancomycin DOES have seriously adverse effect on bladder. I had to take Macrobid, so that is it.

I cannot do anything but hope and pray, which I am doing, and believe that I am cured now.

Thank you all,

Ismaila

Lisa33
Long Time Contributor

Postby Lisa33 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:58 am

I wish you continued improvement, Ismaila. You are sounding a lot better. Stay positive! Hopefully, this is the start to a quick recovery!

Dukiemom
Contributor

Postby Dukiemom » Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:38 am

Positive vibes headed your way. Wishing you patience and peace as you continue to heal.

Return to “Treatments”