Non antibiotic cure for UTI - Women should read

Treatments, possible treatments, unsubstantiated/unproven treatments. Consult your doctor first.
Ismaila
Regular Contributor

Non antibiotic cure for UTI - Women should read

Postby Ismaila » Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:36 pm

Firstly, I apologize in advance if this is widely known among the members; but, if it is not, I think it may be useful to read.

All of us here dread antibiotics. But, women ( who apparently, according to Dr. Borody, and some statistics), are more prone to C Diff ( and IBS, of course), often suffer from UTI. That is why I want to share knowledge that I have had since my childhood.

I was born in South-East Europe country. Like other girls, I started having UTIs in my late teens, and it continued. Not too often, but often. There, the cure was Bearberry (Medvjedka). The Latin name for it is Uva Ursi.

That is a plant that has proven curative characteristics for urinary tract infections. We used to cure with that, and only if you start peeing blood , God forbid, and being really, really sick from it, the doctors would prescribe antibiotics.

It is taken as tea, because , that is the most effective for UTI. Here in the U.S. you can get it as pills, I would not count on that to do the job.

When I realize, upon coming to the U.S. 21 years ago, that is actually is available here, I was very happy, relieved. I used it many times over the past 20 years. Always with all precautions, though.

I usually drink at least three or four 8-ounces cups of warm tea. IT IS VERY BITTER. It also can be used continually for a week or so, not longer, because it has some toxicity. But using it for a week, a litter of warm tea a day, can only help, and will not harm. And it does help. It is diuretic, and and has anti-bacterial capabilities.

I researched it and found out that it was actually prescribed for UTI in the U.S. by doctors, until mid 50s, last century (20th century). Talk to your doctor , before using it more often.

Here is the link for the kind I have used:
http://www.alvita.com/uva-ursi.html#.Vv2z9dWrTnA

An here is scientific article from the University of Maryland on Uva Ursi will all the warnings:
http://umm.edu/health/medical/altmed/herb/uva-ursi

Return to “Treatments”