questioning if I should take another treatment for the c-dif

Treatments, possible treatments, unsubstantiated/unproven treatments. Consult your doctor first.
care66
New User

Re: questioning if I should take another treatment for the c

Postby care66 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:57 am

What ever happened? Did you treat? Did it go away without treating. I am having same issue right now. Was surprised to see it positive. Have had it 3x already but this time I thought the Vanco taper/pulse might have kicked it. Had been two weeks and had intermittent symptoms but nothing consistent. However I did have some blood and mucous which was new. But today everything was normal, of course after I tested. GI thinks I should treat with dificid or do FMT...I was so hoping it was just INS or something. Now that it came back positive, not sure what to do? How did yours end up?

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:19 am

Hi Care66
And welcome to the site!
This is a old post , is possible that the poster will not answer you back.
If you test positive and have blood and mucous then maybe you should ask to be treated with meds or an FMT as those have the highest cure rate.Pay your doctor a visit and see whrt he has to say.

care66
New User

Postby care66 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:36 pm

Thanks for letting me know. Weird thing is, all symptoms have abated since yesterday afternoon. No more mucous or blood. Stools formed. Mayo nurse has still yet to call me back about what they are going to put me on. Was talk of dificid and she was supposed to call me back yesterday afternoon but didn't. Have left two messages and will leave a 3rd one soon. Regular ID doc unavailable. So I wait. Seems weird to take meds if I have no symptoms again. It's like they all vanished. Have never had a relapse where symptoms just left on own. Does that sound normal to you?

roy
Administrator

Postby roy » Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:12 pm

Sounds like your in recovery and no treatment is needed.

care66
New User

Postby care66 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:00 pm

Well spoke too soon. Symptoms came back with a vengeance. Getting on dificid and we'll see. Consult Monday with ID doc at Mayo. Coupon helped.

Return to “Treatments”