Much nausea on Vanco

Treatments, possible treatments, unsubstantiated/unproven treatments. Consult your doctor first.
bwilde
New User

Much nausea on Vanco

Postby bwilde » Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:25 pm

On only my 4th pill due up for my 5th and it is outpacing my zofran. Gone from no appetite to wondering when I am going to toss my cookies. I am newly 'diagnosed' tho only my pcr is positive, with negs for toxin. Just feel sooo bad.

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Re: Much nausea on Vanco

Postby NanciT » Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:41 pm

I also had terrible nausea on Vanco. I just finished another 10 days after having to take Keflex for a UTI.

I wear "Sea Bands" everyday and they have helped me throughout. You can get them at the pharmacy, they are a simple wrist band with a pressure point. I also have zofran but it has not worked very well.

Give them a try, I just put mine back on due to the Post IBS I get.

Hope you feel better soon

NanciT

bwilde
New User

Postby bwilde » Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:10 am

thank you so much!

roy
Administrator

Postby roy » Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:57 am

Vanco is usually well tollerated.
Your getting worse, not better.
Looking at all your symptoms together I think you need to go and see a Dr right away.

bwilde
New User

Postby bwilde » Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:07 pm

I see my primary care today, supposedly call back from GI tho when that will be I do not know. It is possible that some of nausea is from low potass which is an ongoing condition I have. I got behind on drinking my solution as it is hard to tolerate (tho better than pill). I just can't eat right now, it all just stops at my throat. And can't poop either, will likely have to do enema. Am considering ER, different hospital tho, I want a different opinion.

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Postby NanciT » Tue Dec 22, 2015 1:58 pm

Go to the ER with the history of Low Potassium it must be checked. It can cause terrible nausea.

bwilde
New User

Postby bwilde » Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:00 pm

back from my primary care who is really a wonderful lady, she does honestly try for her patients but is just overwhelmed with the number of people and variety of issues. Anyways she gave me some probiotics florajen3, that she had received at a med conference, said to space them 2 hours before or after the Vanco. Also did blood draw which she put on stat which will mean likely tomorrow morning for results. Said to stay on Vanco, gave me phenergen if the Zofren does not work. Also suggested Pedialyte which now has prebiotics in it??? Who knew. Said to cut out the Sucra.. very constipating she said. Also take only 1 Protonix if possible.

I'm home for now. If I feel much worse then of course the ER tho do not think will be the one I went to twice before, will head for University, maybe better there. I did manage to put away a jello cup, am sipping my liquid potassium (because I have this weird history, I have 20meq packets to mix in water, I just let it get behind). Still constipated. Waiting for the jello to settle to take my 2 hour late Vanco. Hate it. But everybody seems in agreement I need to keep taking it.

Thank you very much for the interest in my condition. Touches me that strangers care about other people.

bwilde
New User

Postby bwilde » Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:49 pm

Grr so I check the florajen website and it says 'consult healthcare professional if you have pancreatic dysfunction'. Is Culturelle ok? That's what I had ordered before consulting you folk here. Otherwise may shell out for the Floraster I guess.

care66
New User

Postby care66 » Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:23 pm

On another post under success stories, (the john hopkins one, I read about floraster and take double the dose. I also ordered and take the culturelle and the VSL#3 she recommended on there, or her dr did I guess. The floraster really helped with the diarrhea I think and it supposedly makes the environment one in which coif has a hard time surviving in.I had recently cut back my dosage as I was doing so well after a month, and I wonder if I should have kept taking the higher dose and maybe the cdif would not have relapsed. Apparently it was till in there and not kept in check.

I will be starting my 2nd round of antibiotics having relapsed after a month, which is disconcerting considering all the probiotics I was and still am taking but will still continue to take them. Also taking kefir, kambucho tea, and yogurt with live active cultures.

I had some nausea with the vanco and may again but I it is supposed to take care of it for most people. I feel for you as this is a horrible illness and one can feel so very ill, I know I have. you know your body. If something does not feel right and you are not getting better, do get a 2nd opinion.

my potassium and electrolytes were dangerously low the first time I had this and I ended up in the hospital. if you already have that issue, then you may have a double whammy especially if you start vomiting or get diarrhea.

do you have someone to help you? it's hard managing this sometimes on your own when you can feel so ill. I hope you are better soon. I hope we are all better soon and stay better...cdif is just nasty stuff.

bwilde
New User

Postby bwilde » Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:31 pm

Yes, I have a very good friend who has been a rock for me. Also my sister lives about 40 miles away; she would come in if I asked her. My oldest son is coming home for Christmas, I wanted so much for that to be a happy time...

The thing for me is I am not sure I even have C Diff...the doc seemed pretty certain, but folks here are a little more cautious. So I could be going thru all this for nothing...or not, who knows. But once I have started on this path with the Vanco it appears I have to stick it out, possibly for 2 weeks. I am kind of hoping maybe could cut the Vanco out at 10 days but don't know.

bwilde
New User

Postby bwilde » Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:05 pm

finally having bowel movements, has some blood in them. I am guessing blood in stool on Vanco is normal?

Return to “Treatments”