Found easy soloution that is working for me

Treatments, possible treatments, unsubstantiated/unproven treatments. Consult your doctor first.
hope4me
Brand New Poster

Found easy soloution that is working for me

Postby hope4me » Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:14 pm

Hi all, I have been battling c diff for 11 months. until 3 years ago I was a healthy young mom. I contracted a super bug in my kidneys/bladder and took 2 years of antibiotics to find right one. I got c diff at hospital. anyway, I was given flagyl and 2 rounds of 8 week vancomycin taper. It did not work and my body was in bad shape. I was still testing positive. I took florastar the whole 10 months. I gave up dairy and red meat and ate basically egg whites, toast, jello, banana's plain chicken, and white rice. NO cakes. cookies and just drank water or fresh lemonade and homemade barley water. I started having more solid stools and could feel my body improving but was still battling sporadic fevers and some days that I felt like I had the flu and was so incredibly exhausted and then other's I was just ok. anytime I had bad days, I would drink pedialyte and it would help. every day and week was a roller coaster and I never knew what to expect. From everything I read, I knew I had to build up my good bacteria so I decided to try a new probiotic in 2 week increments. went through several. then I read that probiotics are more effective with b complex. It took a long time but I think I found the winner. What worked for me...

Take: the probiotic ~ Probulin Women's Health Probiotic with
the vitamin~Alive Women's Energy.

I take them both together in the morning and wait a half hour or longer to eat. Something about the two products in combination with one another, I seem to be responding to. they are both over the counter. literally I was in bed feeling like death and 24 hours after taking this I started seeing improvements and 1 week later feeling good and had some energy. My family said they didn't recognize me by I was up and moving around. I go in next week to retest and already had my FMT scheduled which I don't think I will need. Hopefully it will continue. I was so depressed and lonely and scared. I read every article and website on c diff. I realized it takes multiple and consistent approaches and you can't let up on anything, no cheating with a cookie, or steak or whatever. Keep experimenting until you find what works for you. I would say to men to try same probiotic and vitamin bc c diff patients need the extra b complex and probiotics. I hope and pray this post helps someone bc I was really suffering for so long and felt like I was getting deeper in a hole and there was no way out. Don't give up trying and do not lose hope!!!

Ashley20
Regular Contributor

Re: Found easy soloution that is working for me

Postby Ashley20 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:20 pm

What superbug did you have in your bladder? Was it strep b?

roy
Administrator

Re: Found easy soloution that is working for me

Postby roy » Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:24 am

I am locking this thread as it has been repeated in Success Stories
Roy

Return to “Treatments”