Seacure

Treatments, possible treatments, unsubstantiated/unproven treatments. Consult your doctor first.
Phoebe
New User

Seacure

Postby Phoebe » Sun Feb 12, 2006 10:09 pm

Here's a link for some info about a supplement I just ordered called seacure:http://www.propernutrition.com/news.html. There seems to be evidence that it's helpful for people with IBS. I discovered it because I had an integrative medicine practitioner recommended to me and when I googled her name this article popped up: http://www.propernutrition.com/study1.html. It sounds promising. (I can't speak to it for sure as I haven't tried it yet).

Phoebe
New User

Postby Phoebe » Mon Feb 13, 2006 2:27 pm

Now that I have some time, thought I'd post a little more info about what Seacure is to save people having to follow the links. Here's a quote from a website:

Seacure® is an easy-to-absorb protein concentrate of nearly 100% assimilable nutrients naturally derived from deep-ocean white fish. Seacure® fish protein concentrate provides a pre-digested source of bioactive peptides and biogenic amines, along with essential minerals and omega-3 fatty acids. These protein elements, essential to proper hormonal, immune, and neurological functions, are provided by Seacure® in their simplest forms and therefore are readily absorbed by the body. Studies indicate that by allowing the body to easily assimilate these essential proteins, Seacure® helps to support the cells in your gastrointestinal tract and regulate bowel functions.

I got interested because I have an appointment in March with an integrative physician in Boston and when I did a google search for her contact info, I found she'd conducted a small study with 13 IBS patients. The results of her study were:

"Results show that the pre-digested fish protein supplement was effective in mediating IBS symptoms for eight of the 13 participants at 30 days and 12 of 13 participants at 60 days, and in improving general health in 11 of the 13 participants at both 30 and 60 days."

I don't know that it would help at all with active C. Diff, but so many people seem to wind up with IBS after that I thought it worth posting as something to try. I bought some at my health food market today.

Return to “Treatments”