Low blood pressure

Treatments, possible treatments, unsubstantiated/unproven treatments. Consult your doctor first.
skizamii
Contributor

Low blood pressure

Postby skizamii » Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:58 pm

Strange question, but does anyone else have issues with low blood pressure while dealing with C. Diff? When I have flare ups my heart rate goes way up (not due to anxiety) and I have orthostatic hypotension. Get really dizzy, light headed, almost blacked out a couple of times. Mayo said it is due to by body loosing its ability to control the vascular system as a result of the infection/stress on my body. Its worse in the morning, usually gets better throughout the day.

Misscshell24
Long Time Contributor

Re: Low blood pressure

Postby Misscshell24 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:30 pm

Yes, I had low blood pressure every relapse. Good to discuss with your doctor, though, in case there's something else going on. Also, another cause that might apply to both of us is benzo withdrawal. I've actually had the opposite during my withdrawal and had increased heart rate, but many on the benzo support site discuss having low blood pressure.
Michelle

skizamii
Contributor

Postby skizamii » Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:07 am

Thanks Michelle, praying for you and all you are going thru. Hope your battle with benzos resolves soon...

LLindsey
Brand New Poster

Postby LLindsey » Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:10 am

Well, Complications of C. difficile infections include blood pressure to drop to dangerously low levels.

zinnia1
Regular Contributor

Postby zinnia1 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 4:15 pm

Just seeing this- I have been improving for a while and off vanco since early June. Really light headed last 6 weeks or so. My doc today said orthostatic hypotension. I also find that I feel even worse after eating a bigger meal in that blood is rushing to help digest. I was really hoping I was out of the woods- but it seems as I begin to explore life more things like this pop up. Is anyone feeling better w/this now? Trying to hydrate like crazy and adding some salt.

roy
Administrator

Postby roy » Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:25 pm

SEVERE complications with active infection causes the blood pressure to drop due to dehdration and organs shutting down.
6 months on its almost certainly not c.diff related!

zinnia1
Regular Contributor

Postby zinnia1 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 6:16 pm

thanks Roy. I do find that some things continue to "rebuild" after the infection and meds. I believe I have turned a corner, but find that nutritionally, lab work wise etc some thing are still adjusting. My doc simply suggests that the whole body took such a hit, that everything takes time.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:38 am

It seems that GI infections can cause dizziness and low blood pressure. I had it with c diff and I normally had high pressure and am on BP meds. When I had campylobacter infection, the same thing happened. My heart rate also sped up, but it does that even when I get a flu or bad cold or any virus for that matter. When you have a fever, it can cause your heart rate to go up as well.

Return to “Treatments”