FMT, rebiotix punch cd2, or 6 week vanco taper

Treatments, possible treatments, unsubstantiated/unproven treatments. Consult your doctor first.
JeannieR
Regular Contributor

Re: FMT, rebiotix punch cd2, or 6 week vanco taper

Postby JeannieR » Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:32 pm

I had my first enema today, and I am thinking it was The real deal! Im not 100%, but the nurse administered it and I smelled poop, I said that to the nurse, and she said "yes, I smell poop too!". They had me lay on my side for an hour and told me that I could go to the bathroom and expel it...I told them I wanted to keep it in as long as I could. So I laid there for another 45 min, and I had to pee. Well, I peed...and I didn't expel anything! The doc and nurse told me I should expel it because I have a 2 hour trip home and they didn't want me having an accident in my pants. Well, I was brave and did some shopping, and then came home and its been 10 hours since the enema and I still haven't let it go! I don't really feel the urge to either. I am bloated however and feel a little cramping. But overall I am feeling pretty good. And I am very hopeful this was the real thing. My 2nd enema is scheduled for next Friday. Im praying to God that this is it.
The experience of the enema was SO EASY and there was very little discomfort and it was fast. If this ends up working I will be so ecstatic. ANd to think this could be a first line of treatment would be AMAZING. All of the antibiotics and the side effects could be completely avoided. This was a great experience compared to the weeks and months of antibiotics I have been on. I would do this any day....Im just praying it works.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:55 pm

Was this the punch cd2?

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:17 am

Best of luck.

roy
Administrator

Postby roy » Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:21 am

Did you go back on vanco between your positive result on 8/22 and the enema?
If not did you still have classic symptoms?

JeannieR
Regular Contributor

Postby JeannieR » Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:20 am

Beth- yes this was the punch cd2!

Thanks Bobbie for your kind words!

Roy- I actually stopped having D and having solid stools. It was the weekend and the on call doc called in some vanco for me, and told me he wasn't sure if I could take it bc of the punch cd2 study, I told him I started having solid stools and was feeling ok and he told me I could hold off on the vanco if I was feeling alright (no d, no fever or pain)
So that is what I did. On Monday however my doc told me to start taking the vanco bc my test came back positive.
I took my sample to my local hospital (my doc is 2 hours away). Well come to find out my hospital does the LAMP test. So there is a chance I could not have been in active cdiff and not known it. My GI doc told me if I have to get tested again then to bring my stool to their lab. They do a pcr and eia (I think that's what it's called) and it's more accurate.
So to answer your question yes, I did start the vanco and had to stop in 24 hours before the punch cd2.

And I still have not expelled the enema. Is this weird? My doc made it sound like I was just gonna poop myself if I walked out of her office without expelling it.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:34 pm

Everyone is different with FMT. The first time, I didn't go for 4 days. The second time, I lost it right away.

JeannieR
Regular Contributor

Postby JeannieR » Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:51 pm

I finally did go this morning. But it was solid. Skinny but solid and then again but it was bigger and solid.
Do you think it makes a difference the longer you hold it?

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:10 pm

Good luck, Jeannie.

Rara01
Brand New Poster

Postby Rara01 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:39 pm

What's the punch cd2? Sorry I am new to all of that!

Return to “Treatments”