Probiotics for children

Treatments, possible treatments, unsubstantiated/unproven treatments. Consult your doctor first.
Misscshell24
Long Time Contributor

Probiotics for children

Postby Misscshell24 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:25 pm

My son is 11 years old and has never had c diff, thank God, but he does have celiac disease and autism. Since my battle with c diff, I've been looking for a good probiotic for him. He suffers from digestive issues, chronic vomiting, bloating, constipation, and often had blood streaks around his bms from straining.

I did a lot of research and tried a few different probiotics for him and have found two that I'm happy with and seem to be helping him so far, so I wanted to share in case others with little ones are looking for a good option. He is less bloated and going more regularly and vomiting less.

They are:
Udo's Choice Children's Probiotic (with 5 billion cells and 7 child-specific strains)
Garden of Life Vitamin Code Family (with raw whole food multivitamin, live probiotics, and enzymes)

If you have found a probiotic that works well for your child, feel free to add it to this post.

*this is not medical advice, always check with your child's pediatrician before starting a new medication or probiotic. Also, I have not found any research about these helping with c diff.
Michelle

Return to “Treatments”