Delaying treatment to treat constipation with Miralax

Treatments, possible treatments, unsubstantiated/unproven treatments. Consult your doctor first.
MelissaA
New User

Delaying treatment to treat constipation with Miralax

Postby MelissaA » Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:46 pm

So my 10 year old daughter is on her 2nd bout of c-diff and just finished a round of flagyl. She does not have diarrhea but is constipated. Because of the lack of d, we got an x-ray done and she is really backed up! This is not good because all that c-diff is staying inside of her. So, the nurse is putting her on a colon cleanse of 8 caps of Miralax for two days straight. The most she has ever done is 3 caps in a day and wow, that was crazy. Anyone ever taken that much Miralax before? Her big symptom is stomach cramps and I am afraid that so much of this stuff will make her cramping even worse!!!

roy
Administrator

Re: Delaying treatment to treat constipation with Miralax

Postby roy » Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:04 pm

D and constipation go hand in hand.
If she is backed up enough for it to show on an xray then faecal matter behind the backed up would liquify so it can pass the obstruction and be expelled.
I would still be very cautious about the c.diff test interpritation!
The impacted matter is whats probably causing pain and it needs to come out but the heavy dose of laxitive might make her worse before you see an improvement.
Personaly I would be thinking about alternative tried and tested meds and natural diet remedies as well as what the Drs prescribe.

MelissaA
New User

Postby MelissaA » Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:06 pm

Thanks Roy! Not looking forward to this. :(

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:46 pm

That is a lot of Miralax.I would call the doc's office and voice your concern. Hopefully, you will get another nurse who will check with the doc himself/herself.

Lily
Brand New Poster

Postby Lily » Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:45 pm

Yes, I agree with Bobbie,
Though I am late to reply, but I think you should ask doctor for this issue. He will drive you right way for getting recover from this. One of my friends also has this constipation problem. Now he is feeling good after using a natural medicine as "leannclean" with doctor’s approval.

Return to “Treatments”