New Investigational Cdiff Treatment Study

Treatments, possible treatments, unsubstantiated/unproven treatments. Consult your doctor first.
cdstudy
Brand New Poster

New Investigational Cdiff Treatment Study

Postby cdstudy » Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:44 am

Good Morning Everyone! :)

We're assisting a pharmaceutical company with their study investigating a new treatment for patients suffering from recurrent cdiff infections and I thought some of you might be interested in learning more about it. Due to confidentiality, I can't post more specifics here, but if you check out clinicaltrials.gov and search for SER-109, you will be able to read more about the study or alternatively, feel free to respond to this post or direct message us and I can get you some more info as well.

I apologize in advance if this kind of post is not allowed, but I did not see anything in the rules regarding this. This is not an advertisement in the traditional sense, as clinical trials require no insurance or payment of any kind from the volunteer however I've known family and friends who have personally been affected by c diff (hence how I was introduced to this board) and was hoping that this might help someone else suffering out there.

Warmest wishes,

roy
Administrator

Re: New Investigational Cdiff Treatment Study

Postby roy » Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:32 am

Can you post a link to the application for the study/trial?

If not could you PM me with the details so I can check its autheticity out.

Roy

Misscshell24
Long Time Contributor

Postby Misscshell24 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:58 pm

When I contacted Seres months ago they told me to go to clinicaltrails.gov to look for SER-109, so I did that and there are two studies recruiting, one by invitation for those who previously participated in the trial, but received the placebo (I believe). Here Is the link for the open recruiting trial, the locations and qualifications are included on the page.

https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/stu ... 2#contacts

If this trial were available when my c diff was active, I definitely would have looked into it and considered it.

Here's the link from Seres' webpage about the trial.

http://serestherapeutics.com/clinical-trials/overview
Michelle

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:00 pm

I looked into this for myself too, but unfortunately because I had FMT before, I did not qualify.

Return to “Treatments”