Enemas

Treatments, possible treatments, unsubstantiated/unproven treatments. Consult your doctor first.
angelmom
Contributor

Enemas

Postby angelmom » Fri Jan 27, 2006 2:01 pm

I am a relative "newbie", but one that has dealt with health issues and has a weak immune system. I had a local pharmacist tell me that he know of a patient with long-term c diff that did an enema with just saline water and opened a few of the probiotic capsules and dissolved them. I asked my GI doc when I had the colonoscopy, figuring what better time than when I am cleaned out to give the new good bacteria a chance to get to work. He said short of doing it standing on my head so it could get even farther into the colon, he thought it was a good idea. So, it was the first thing I did when i got home. (My first enema ever! never had to worry about going- I was usually looking for Immodium!)
My first BM after was the best I had had since i got this stuff. That was several days ago and things are still going pretty well. It was even a more normal color- not that awful orange color. Today is my last day for Flagyl. My fingers are crossed.
I also tried something last night that I am just telling because I am waiting to see if it is better or if I can tell any difference. I got the kefir and after reading the bottle, I added some of it to the 2nd enema I did last night. I had heard of yogurt being used for yeast infections and I figured it couldn't hurt. Things still seem pretty good.
Like I said and they say on this page- consult your own doctor----I am no doctor. But, this has seemed to help me. I am not planning on doing this on a regular basis, but thought it was worth trying.
Linda

diane
Long Time Contributor

Postby diane » Fri Jan 27, 2006 2:32 pm

angels mom keep me posted on your progress, I'll be interested to see. What kind of container did you use for the enema? what probiotics did you use? Thansk

angelmom
Contributor

Postby angelmom » Tue Feb 07, 2006 11:12 am

Been off the Flagyl for over 10 days now and the BM's are slowing down. They were still the tiny snakes for a while, but are becoming better. I am taking in a stool sample and keeping my fingers crossed. I feel pretty good, but my energy level is still zippo. But, I have to realize I also have a rare disease and was sick with a staph infection before I got c diff. I am still taking Flora-jen.
Oh, I used a regular store enema bottle (just dumped out the premade enema) and used 60 ml of sterile water to dissolve the flora-jen.
Linda

Return to “Treatments”