FMT

Treatments, possible treatments, unsubstantiated/unproven treatments. Consult your doctor first.
dusty
Brand New Poster

FMT

Postby dusty » Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:44 pm

So had a FMT done on 25 NOV 14. Have had 3 test done since and all are negative for Cdiff. Happy bout that but still have the D and massive amount of gas and its painful when its moving through the SI and colon. GI doc keeps saying its just the body resetting. Starting not to believe him and wondering if this is normal or do I need a second opinion? Still can't eat anything solid with out pain. Thanks!

Bobbie
Administrator

Re: FMT

Postby Bobbie » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:55 pm

I was sick for several months after FMT but tested negative. For some an FMT is a miracle. It takes longer for others. If you don't feel better or if you get worse contact your doc. Try a heating pad for the pain. Try Gas X or Phaxyme for gas - see CDI - Digestive Diseases - but check with doc first.

Keep us posted.

dusty
Brand New Poster

Postby dusty » Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:27 pm

Thanks Bobby i see your in KC Im at Fort Riley and my GI doc is in Topeka. Small world. Update they got me on 10mg oxy for the pain but did a berium swallow the other day and the results were that I have " rapid digestive transit " basically IBS or crohns according to the doc. Waiting on a refferal to the Mayo clinic now cause I guess we have exhausted all the capabilities of the GI doc!

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:29 am

I got rapid transit after c diff and all the meds too. I had horrible IBS after my first FMT. Wound up testing sky high on a breath test for SIBO and took Xifaxan which helped.

Return to “Treatments”