acupuncture and acupressure

Treatments, possible treatments, unsubstantiated/unproven treatments. Consult your doctor first.
mirah
Regular User

acupuncture and acupressure

Postby mirah » Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:35 am

Hi all I just wanted to tell you that I have noticed a marked improvement in my post c diff problems (weakness, diarrhea, cramps, nausea) from using acupuncture. She also gave me something strange to do at home. I have been doing it everyday for 2 weeks and the change in my digestion is noticeable! Sounds weird but I put sea salt in my navel, then a thin slice of fresh ginger on top. Then I burn moxa (Chinese for mugwort) over the navel and in a clockwise motion around the abdomen for 10-15 minutes. Check on YouTube by searching ginger salt moxa and you'll see a video showing how to do it. It feels really warm and much better in the abdominal area and afterward too.

roy
Administrator

Re: acupuncture and acupressure

Postby roy » Thu Nov 27, 2014 3:18 pm

I saw something like that in the Kama Sutra!

mirah
Regular User

Postby mirah » Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:04 pm

Ha ha!

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:43 pm

Where do you get the needles placed during the acupuncture session? I have heard it can help a lot of things like sinuses, etc. If it is too detailed, send me a pm. I was going to look into acupuncture - have back problems too.

mirah
Regular User

Postby mirah » Sat Nov 29, 2014 12:57 pm

Hi Beth,
What I like about acupuncture is one treatment can help many things. Also it's relaxing and helps calm my mind and that is part of healing!
Needles go in different places depending on your acupuncturist. It's definitely worth a try and maybe it will help your back too. I think it's helping mine a little.

roy
Administrator

Postby roy » Sat Nov 29, 2014 3:03 pm

I had acupuncture for back and leg pain
The needles went in my back and also my toes.
Pain relief was fantastic but it did not last.
Well worth trying though

AllisS
Long Time Contributor

Postby AllisS » Sat Nov 29, 2014 3:17 pm

I, too, had a very relaxing experience with acupuncture some years ago, when I saw a practitioner for GI problems predating and having nothing to do with my episode of C. difficile. However, it wasn't clear to me if there was any marked effect on the issues that had brought me there.

Ginger, BTW, is a classic remedy for indigestion in general. I don't know about ginger in the navel, but it's sold in crystallized form, as well as in small tablets that can be eaten or dissolved on the tongue like candy. I believe it also comes in capsules. The popular beverage form may help, too; usually the recommendation is to drink it "flat," perhaps because the carbonation can cause discomfort.
If your illness was preceded by use of a medication, e.g., an antibiotic, please fill out an FDA Adverse Event Report at http://www.fda.gov/Safety/MedWatch/default.htm

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:59 pm

Kama Sutra, Roy? I am impressed.

I had acupuncture once for C. diff. It didn't help or hurt. Most people I've talked to (not that many) who have good luck with it use it for back pain.

Many "natural" treatments are "cons" but if it isn't harmful, it's worth a try. I would discourage the use of colloidal silver. Some "natural practitioners use it but it can have nasty side effects.

Return to “Treatments”