Funding sources for drug development

Treatments, possible treatments, unsubstantiated/unproven treatments. Consult your doctor first.
NewCDIantibiotics
Brand New Poster

Funding sources for drug development

Postby NewCDIantibiotics » Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:06 pm

Good evening, all.
I’m writing to inquire about crowdfunding or angel investment opportunities to enable the preclinical and early clinical development of a new antibiotic for treating C. difficile infections. I am currently a researcher at an Ivy League university, where I’m developing a new class of antibiotics. These antibiotics were discovered at a biotech company which I cofounded in 2007. We believe these antibiotics could reduce the likelihood of recurrent infections. With the proper funding, these new compounds could be positioned for early clinical trials in humans within 1-2 years. Since the environment is poor right now for venture or pharma investment in antibiotics, I would like to explore alternate funding models. To my knowledge, there are no advocacy groups to help fund new drug development in this field. I would love to hear of any ideas or perspectives you all may have.

Bobbie
Administrator

Re: Funding sources for drug development

Postby Bobbie » Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:39 pm

I will forward your message to the owner of the site for consideration.

There are several support groups on Face Book. Thet are listed in our CDI section.

Good luck to you.

Return to “Treatments”