Anyone used soil-based probiotics (Prescript Assist)?

Treatments, possible treatments, unsubstantiated/unproven treatments. Consult your doctor first.
elric5000
New User

Anyone used soil-based probiotics (Prescript Assist)?

Postby elric5000 » Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:26 am

Clearly everybody is different, etc, but I can't seem to find good info on the non-bacillus strains in this one, which has been mentioned a couple of times here and there.

http://www.prescript-assist.com/products/

I had been previously using Bio-Kult, which also uses bacillus subtilis, with great results, but it seems like it has stopped working.

Thanks!

seekingcure
Long Time Contributor

Re: Anyone used soil-based probiotics (Prescript Assist)?

Postby seekingcure » Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:10 pm

I have never taken this one myself, but I do take a probiotic that is a spore, bacillus coagulens. I have used the Thorne brand of it as well as Digestive Advantage Gas relief. I also use one that my doctor recommended, VSL-3, a blend of 8 probiotics. It does, however, require refrigeration. The Digestive Advantage does not and I don't recall whether Thorne recommends refrigerating theirs or not. Maybe someone else who has taken this particular one will come on and comment, but you will probably have to try it for yourself to see how you tolerate it anyway, since we all seem to tolerate different ones better than others. Good luck and let us know how it works for you, if you do try it. I'm always interested in new probiotics, as I am one of those on this site who can tolerate large amounts of them and seem to benefit from their use. Bea
Bea

Return to “Treatments”