SS Disability

Treatments, possible treatments, unsubstantiated/unproven treatments. Consult your doctor first.
Tinkal2000
New User

SS Disability

Postby Tinkal2000 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:26 pm

Has anyone applied for SS disability for C-Diff. I know I am unable to work because of it.

Tinka

AllisS
Long Time Contributor

Re: SS Disability

Postby AllisS » Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:07 pm

Tinkal, I've dealt with SSDI, though not for c. diff. Do a Google search for lawyers specializing in employment law and, specifically, disability law in your area. Many will give a brief phone consult for free, and some will even provide an in-person initial consult at no charge.
If your illness was preceded by use of a medication, e.g., an antibiotic, please fill out an FDA Adverse Event Report at http://www.fda.gov/Safety/MedWatch/default.htm

seekingcure
Long Time Contributor

Re: SS Disability

Postby seekingcure » Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:11 am

I used to work for a lawyer who handled SSDI. In order to qualify for benefits, one must have a disabling condition that has prevented the person from doing substantial work for at least twelve months or is expected to prevent substantial work for 12 months or longer. It's still worth calling a local attorney and discussing your particular case. You might not get to speak with the attorney, but a staff member should be able to give you some guidance.
Bea

Return to “Treatments”