Treatment suggestions - newly diagnosed

Treatments, possible treatments, unsubstantiated/unproven treatments. Consult your doctor first.
Jennystrom
New User

Treatment suggestions - newly diagnosed

Postby Jennystrom » Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:43 pm

I was diagnosed this week with c diff after being sick for two weeks.

I am on now on 500mg of flagyl 3x a day for 10 days and am 5 days in. I am taking a different form of probiotic (kefir, yogurt, florator, pribiotic caps) about 2 hours after every pill and try to have as empty of a stomach as possible every time.

I am eating pretty well and i seem to tolerate most foods ive tried except green tea. I am staying away from any type of sugar, eating lots of soup and bananas and avacados.

Anyone have any suggestions or good "to the point" reading material for me? I am doing anything i can to get rid of this!

Bobbie
Administrator

Re: Treatment suggestions - newly diagnosed

Postby Bobbie » Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:47 am

I suggested things to read in another post. Take probiotics as far apart from Flagyl as possible or Flagyl will kill some of the good bacteria.

Bobbie
Administrator

Re: Treatment suggestions - newly diagnosed

Postby Bobbie » Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:58 pm

Brilliant,
seekingcure gave you a great introduction. I'd follow her advice. We are all "scared stiff" of C. diff. so you are not alone.

If you post in the Questions or Gen. Discussion forum, you will get more posts. I'm going to move your first post and seekingcure's answer to the Questions forum.

Return to “Treatments”