Fecal Transplants - Why does it take so long to get one?

Treatments, possible treatments, unsubstantiated/unproven treatments. Consult your doctor first.
Bobbie
Administrator

Re: Fecal Transplants - Why does it take so long to get one?

Postby Bobbie » Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:57 pm

pinkangel,
You sound much calmer, and now you have a plan! Good for you.

See the Doctors forum for a list of doctors who do FMTs and also the new FMT forum. I'm trying to list all current posters who had FMTs recently in the forum so others can get more info. and contact those who had them.

ncmimi4
Regular User

Postby ncmimi4 » Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:40 am

I had a FT 7 weeks ago with Dr. Shephard in Tampa. Medicare paid for the colonoscopy done the 1st day, I had to pay for the transfers on days 2 and 3 and the "good bacteria capsules" . His web site is rdsinfusions.com. It lists prices etc. He provides the donor. It has been a miracle for me. I have followed his advice and do not eat any dairy or gluten. At some time in the future when my colon heals I will gradually try to add at least dairy back in. I am not on any probiotics. He and his staff are GREAT! Patients fly in there from all over. Yes, the cost was high but less than what I spent over 8 months on drugs which did nothing. When I asked what do I do if I have a reoccurrence they said I can come in and get more good bacteria capsules or they can mail them (better known as poop pills) By the way if you live in Fl Publix has all kinds of gluten free products. I have a cookbook but don't think I am allowed to put the name on here.

getwellsoon
Long Time Contributor

Postby getwellsoon » Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:31 pm

So happy for you that you have had such good results with the FT. Thanks for coming back and posting your results, it gives people hope that they too can get well. Hopefully in the future you can resume your normal diet when everything is healed up. Go live a nice happy CDiff free life now. Keep us posted as to how you do. Carol
CAROL

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Sun Jan 26, 2014 2:58 pm

Glad FMT was successful. Posted about it in new forum FMTs.

OK for posters to contact you via email/PM's?

Thanks for all the info. Am sure other posters appreciate it. Hadn't heard about avoiding gluten. It's OK for you to post title of cookbook on site.

Be well.

Return to “Treatments”