Looking for Dr to do FMT

Treatments, possible treatments, unsubstantiated/unproven treatments. Consult your doctor first.
saraht
Long Time Contributor

Looking for Dr to do FMT

Postby saraht » Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:04 am

Hey everyone, as a lot of you know my ID Dr wants to refer me to a Dr that does FMTs to get one done. I am about 2 hours from Baltimore, and I have found two Drs that do transplants from the list in the Docs forum. I was wondering if any of you have heard of, or seen either of the two drs that accept my insurance.

Dr Joshua Forman and Dr Marshall Bedine

Having a hard time finding any information on them online, wanted to know if anyone has seen or heard any personal experiences as far as FMTs, c.diff, and these drs.
I can't help but to feel so picky with everything I have been through, I'm tired of bad advice, and Dr's being so unsure what is wrong or going on with me, and my GI tract. I am willing to travel too. I am also close to PA WV and VA. I had thought about going up to the c.diff clinic but we are tight with money due to never ending medical bills.

Having a lot of other females issues now, seeing my OB/GYN on Monday, I'm sure hes going to love my list of problems.He was in disbelief that I couldn't get rid of c.diff when I was pregnant with my daughter. Prayers, and kind words welcome, Thanks everyone.

Bobbie
Administrator

Re: Looking for Dr to do FMT

Postby Bobbie » Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:22 pm

There is a list of doctors who do FMT's in the Doctors Forum. Also check LINKS - the last link is a foundation a woman with chronic C. diff. set up. (Catherine Duff.) She's had an FMT herself. I had one in OKC - Dr. Mar Mellow. I recommend him.

I haven't heard of either of the doctors you mentioned. You can google them and get information such as lawsuits, patients' opinions, education, etc.

Good luck to you. It's not a bad experience - worst thing is the prep. Be sure and ask about diet for both you and the donor. Some docs. don't tell you much, but diet can be important. Both of you will have to have extensive blood tests to rule out possible STD's and other problems.

For more answers from an expert, email Catherine Duff who founded the foundation I mentioned .

I know how you feel about having one health issue after another. "If it weren't for bad luck, I wouldn't have no luck." (Old country song.) Others on the site are in the same situation. Some experts think C. diff. weakens the immune system. I believe it does.

Keep us posted.

getwellsoon
Long Time Contributor

Postby getwellsoon » Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:48 pm

Sarah, so sorry you are still feeling bad. I know how it is as I am 17 months post Dificid and still not well. I do feel much better though so hang in there. I will certainly keep you in my prayers. Its awful when you have other issues going on at the same time as Cdiff. I am in Central Va. and I think MCV hospital has some Drs. that do the FT. Call them and see what they say. Good luck and hope you find the answers you need and can find a good Dr. Carol
CAROL

saraht
Long Time Contributor

Postby saraht » Tue Sep 17, 2013 11:57 am

Thank for the responses guys. I have an appt with Dr Bedine next month, so I am hoping to get some answers, and praying he agrees to do a FMT.
Seen my ob/gyn yesterday and didnt get anywhere with that.. Waited in his waiting room for 2 1/2 hours, just to be rushed out the door when I seen him. Tried asking questions and I got very vague answers. I have a pelvic ultrasound next week, and if thats negative then its a "hormonal thing" Well that doesn't help with the pelvic pain, that is now added to the fybromyalgia pain do to hypothyroidism, and the GI front and back pain that I am having. Tired of Drs trying to mask the problem, instead of trying to figure out the cause. I feel like they think I am over worrying and making this stuff up, when I just want to feel like myself again. Prayers for good results, and finally getting some answers!

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:27 am

I have really bad fibromyalgia sometimes too, like right now. I also have thyroid issues. I have thyroiditis that they tell me is Hashimoto's, but sometimes the symptoms are more hyperthyroid for me. No one can seem to figure it out either, so I understand what you are saying. It is very frustrating, to say the least.

bback12
Regular Contributor

Postby bback12 » Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:47 pm

Sarah,

Hang in there! I've been to many doctors before where you feel like you're getting pushed out the door really quick. It's makes me angry. Hopefully your ultrasound goes well!

Good luck on the FMT if you're going to do it! I'm right behind you in preparing for one :)

-Brittney

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:46 am

Best of luck to Sarah and Brittany with their FMT's. They have a high rate of success so think positive!

seekingcure
Long Time Contributor

Postby seekingcure » Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:10 pm

The last PA I saw at my GI's office says they have a doctor who has done a few of them, so I'm encouraged to know that's an option if I relapse again. I'm scheduled to see him the end of October. Sarah and Brittney, hope you both have great success with your FMT's. I believe you will!
Bea

saraht
Long Time Contributor

Postby saraht » Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:32 am

Thank you everyone! Sorry it's been so long since I have been on, ultrasound came back ok, a few cysts on my left ovary which he said was just maturing eggs. My appt is coming up in a little more than a week, I'm nervous for the fact that I hope he agrees to do the transplant. Brittany have you had yours done yet? Praying for you!

Return to “Treatments”