This helped my hemmorhoids

Treatments, possible treatments, unsubstantiated/unproven treatments. Consult your doctor first.
Emme818
New User

This helped my hemmorhoids

Postby Emme818 » Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:24 pm

Developed external and internal hemmorhoids (thanks, c diff, just what I needed!) Very painful. I was reluctant to try any drugstore remedies (more chemicals) but I saw on a home remedy website a treatment using garlic. I figured it couldn't hurt. Basically I crushed a clove of garlic (organic) and mixed it with a little extra virgin olive oil and spread it on my rectal area. I was truly surprised a few hours later when I realized that for the first time in quite a while, I wasn't having that intense itchy, burning pain. It makes sense as garlic (in raw state) is an anti inflammatory and also has medicial properties. Some users on the website stated that this worked for them but burned a little at first, I did not experience that but I think the oil helped. I only used it on the outer rectal area; I don't know about internal usage although I've read about people doing that as well. The website did state not to put it on actively bleeding hemmorhoids. Hope this helps someone because that is some awful pain!

velmafenton
Brand New Poster

Re: This helped my hemmorhoids

Postby velmafenton » Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:17 am

Thank you for sharing. Garlic is really helpful for us, it is not only a good spice but at the same time it can deal with some of our body conditions like hypertension and some minor wounds. Regarding with bleeding hemorrhoids, I think it makes sense that garlic can also deal with it as it has some anti bacterial properties and some healing effects. Some will insert garlic clove into rectum like a suppository, but they use some oil or lubricant for this procedure and there is nothing to worry about it because the garlic will be expelled when we will have our next bowel movement.
Each day is a gift. Don’t send it back unopened.

velmafenton
Brand New Poster

Re: This helped my hemmorhoids

Postby velmafenton » Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:25 am

roy wrote:
> Meanwhile I suggest no body pokes garlic up their bum!

I only think of it as an alternative, but not totally recommending it to use or apply. Of course it is still a foreign object.
Each day is a gift. Don’t send it back unopened.

Return to “Treatments”