Dificid Side Effects?

Treatments, possible treatments, unsubstantiated/unproven treatments. Consult your doctor first.
Bure96
Regular User

Dificid Side Effects?

Postby Bure96 » Thu Aug 12, 2021 10:03 am

I was diagnosed with C Diff (my second time) in July. After a course of Vanco, my symptoms resolved, but came back with a vengeance about 5 days after finishing the course. I have been in the hospital due to the fevers and chills from the relapse and the docs started me on Dificid. However my body is now covered in a rash (not itchy) and my lungs feel weird and I have a slight cough. Anyone else deal with side effects like this from Dificid?

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: Dificid Side Effects?

Postby beth22 » Fri Aug 13, 2021 1:08 am

I have not heard of that. Did they test you for Covid in the hospital? Were you given any other medication? I saw in your other post that you are going to go back on vanco. A couple of posters have had rashes from vanco, so I guess it is possible for Dificid to cause an allergic reaction as well. Your doctor should know if it does.

roy
Administrator

Postby roy » Fri Aug 13, 2021 2:06 am

Not very likely though.
Dificid stays in the gut (same as vanco) and is not absorbed into the system so a rash is unlikely.
Anythings possible but ruling out such an important med is worrying.
Certainly covid symptoms though so agree with Beth, get tested.

Bure96
Regular User

Postby Bure96 » Fri Aug 13, 2021 9:10 am

They tested me for Covid when I arrived here. I was negative. I still have the rash two days later as well as tightness in my lungs. They probably will keep me here in the hospital until it goes away.

dscvry
Brand New Poster

Postby dscvry » Tue Aug 17, 2021 11:21 am

Anyone have swelling of ankles? My niece is staying with me after she got out of the hospital and her ankles are slightly swollen. They did a chest x-ray at the hospital and that looked ok.

Bure96
Regular User

Postby Bure96 » Sun Aug 22, 2021 5:33 pm

No, but the nurses and doctors checked my ankles while I was in the hospital. I think they are looking for edema, which can be an allergic reaction to a medication.

Return to “Treatments”