Unconventional Treatment

Treatments, possible treatments, unsubstantiated/unproven treatments. Consult your doctor first.
roy
Administrator

Re: Unconventional Treatment

Postby roy » Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:20 pm

D1dad
If you look at Nancy's name you will see its green.
That means she gives her time freely as a moderator on this site.
My name is in red, thats an administrator.
We try to support people and between us we have quite a lot of knowlage regarding c.diff.
Some of your posts come over as aggressive and contradictory to the long time members and moderators who have supported many thousands of past sufferers.
I have let a couple of your dodgy replies go but ultimately as admin I wont hesitate to remove posts that insult our moderators.

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Postby NanciT » Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:08 am

D1Dad

Feel free to read what I have posted over the years, it comes not only from personal experience but also compassion, caring and education. I know you have mentioned your physicians are highly experienced in this illness but that is not often the case. It has been actually difficult to find physicians who know a great deal about CDIFF, over the years fortunately we have seen a change for the better in the last year or so. If i had read your ER doc gave you Narco, I would have mentioned get to a GI soon and talk with your local pharmacist.

I stand by every post and as Roy has mentioned, we donate our time here on the site to HELP other's. I had a terrible battled with CDIFF and nearly did not survive. Yet I have stayed to help other's get through. The unconventional treatment CAN be dangerous, and in desperate times, people may do desperate things. We try to guide them to get the hep they need.

You are fortunate that you found a physician who is an expert, I live near two of the largest teaching Hospitals in the US and work at one of them. It took months to get in to see the only "ONE" expert recommended locally.

We have posters from all over the world, this site is about support and compassion for others.

NanciT

meljoy
Brand New Poster

Postby meljoy » Sun Apr 07, 2019 10:15 pm

I am the original poster of this thread. I had to change the user name because I had not written down my login info.

Just to respond to Christos - yes it is 5 months ago I had C Diff, cured it with the protocol described in my first post. Still C Diff free today!!
I believe it to be an awesome and amazing cure, drug-free, so happy to have come across that nurse's video. Peace to all who struggle with this illness.

Machaon
Regular Contributor

Postby Machaon » Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:33 am

Hi meljoy!

I once tried using my wife's poop to give myself a fecal transplant (FMT) but the swelling and pain restricted the amount. Although I would not have been able to do a turmeric enema either, because of your success with doing a turmeric enema, I found the nurse's C-diff/"Turmeric enema" Youtube video. What caught my attention was one of the comments, where a woman diagnosed with C-diff actually went to her granddaughter's house who had a 14 month old very healthy baby. She asked for a "pooped" diaper and then used the poop by mixing it with warm water and drinking it! She subsequently returned to good health.

Just wanted to thank you for posting your own personal experience. What you did, or what the Youtube woman says that she did, is certainly unconventional!

Regards, Bob
Male 77 S.Florida

900 weight lifts 750 knee bends day

Since 1987 had CHF afib asthma

I inhale $6 Flonase nasal spray for asthma :)

Ex C-diff (4/19/17- 9/12/17) after 10 days dificid

Diet:6 meals ~1500 cals 2 eggs 2 steamed broccoli, apple, bagels

Ril
Long Time Contributor

Postby Ril » Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:10 pm

You are all playing with Fire!
Please do not encourage each other to continue these unsupervised, unproven treatments. The contamination you are risking is considerable and while you may think we are unreasonable we are speaking from experience and knowledge. We do not discount alternate theories but within reason and in conjunction with modern medicine, not in place of conventional treatment..

roy
Administrator

Postby roy » Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:43 am

Agree.
The 14 month old is VERY likely to be colonized by c.diff and several other nasty bugs and asymptomatic
A child is never allowed to be used as a FMT donor for THAT very reason.

Machaon
Regular Contributor

Postby Machaon » Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:01 am

C-diff can be deadly. In my case, I was very weak and in much misery with severely swollen legs and significantly weak muscles and fatigue. I wasn't worried about catching something else from my very healthy wife's poop. I just wanted the C-diff to end!

There is a place and a time for unconventional treatments. I would think that if someone did not have access to effective C-diff medical treatment, because of a poor financial situation or because of lack of availability, and if there was a healthy toddler's diaper with solid, healthy poop, then it could quite possibly be life-saving to use that poop and doing one's own FMT.

I would think that drinking it would be more of a risk than using it rectally because of the greater chance of SIBO.

The moderators here are very knowledgeable and act in the best interest of the C-diff members; and their advice should be respected, trusted and appreciated. But... this topic is "Unconventional Treatment"! :)
Male 77 S.Florida

900 weight lifts 750 knee bends day

Since 1987 had CHF afib asthma

I inhale $6 Flonase nasal spray for asthma :)

Ex C-diff (4/19/17- 9/12/17) after 10 days dificid

Diet:6 meals ~1500 cals 2 eggs 2 steamed broccoli, apple, bagels

roy
Administrator

Postby roy » Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:13 am

Toddlers poop is never used or considered for FMT.
It's not the same bacterial make up as an adults.
Neither is poop from an elderly donor or untested donor no matter how healthy they may seem.
Because this topic has become so potentialy dangerous to new members I will now lock it.
Seek medical advice before using any alternative treatments.

Return to “Treatments”