Probiotics

Treatments, possible treatments, unsubstantiated/unproven treatments. Consult your doctor first.
Jess123
Brand New Poster

Probiotics

Postby Jess123 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:58 pm

I have been recovering from an FMT for 4 weeks now. I began taking florastor (Saccharomyces boulardii) but am having IBS symptoms and have read that Align (bifidobacterium infantis) really helps with symptom relief. Has anyone else taken multiple probiotics at the same time or any advice? I was thinking of taking one in the morning and one at night. Thanks for any help!

Lid49
Regular Contributor

Re: Probiotics

Postby Lid49 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:42 am

Hi,
Probiotic after Fmt is based on your Dr advice. If you have the ok most people used Vsl#3. Florastol. Ask your DR if you can have enteragam , this product help me with IBS symtoms after Fmt.
It will get better , stay positive.
Lidia.

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:26 am

Most doctors do not recommend probiotics after FMT because they have a theory that the pill bacteria can compete with the natural bacteria received from FMT. However , they recommend a fiber supplement to help feed your new starter culture and help them multiply.

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:40 am

Agree with Georgina, cut the probiotics and add fiber gradually. Check with your doc first.

Return to “Treatments”