Alan"s case History

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
ak
Brand New Poster

Alan"s case History

Postby ak » Tue May 18, 2010 3:58 pm

end of 2/10, was on antibiotics for bronchitis,
very end of 2/10, contacted Dr, told him meds were messing up my system, called me into the office. Have to give him credit, he caught the d-diff right away, sent me across the street to the hospital, BP was 70/40, had not eaten in 3 days.

4 days in the hospital, oral Vanco and IV flaggyl.

After about 6 weeks, bowels not back to normal, found this site, am glad for the information, but it stresses me to learn how many of you are fighting this over and over, wondering if I am doomed for the same.

Thanks to all of you for you histories, lets me know where I'm headed

fire7163
Long Time Contributor

Postby fire7163 » Tue May 18, 2010 6:08 pm

Lucky guy !!! Blood pressure of 70/40 is damn serious.It usually winds up with the conductor packing your bags for your ride to the beyond.Most males have trouble at below <100/70.

Fire

LindaSp
Contributor

Postby LindaSp » Tue May 18, 2010 8:32 pm

Alan,
My daughter says her stool has not yet returned to pre C diff and she has been off meds for such a long time. I stay in touch w/the site because of how much it helped us. That said, she lives a normal life!! The majority of C Differs do not relapse. Right, all?
Linda

Nancy1
Administrator

Postby Nancy1 » Tue May 18, 2010 10:21 pm

ak,
I won't give you the official welcome to the site, because I agree with Roy that it sounds like you are recovering. About 80% of people recover after one or two rounds of Flagyl or vanco, and it sounds like you are in the lucky majority. Good luck. Let us know how it goes.

ak
Brand New Poster

so far

Postby ak » Sat May 22, 2010 5:04 pm

Thanks all, for the encouragement, not a bad few days. I travel for work, plays havoc with the daily routine. No conductor packing my bags yet. started proboitics a couple of days ago, seems to be working, with lots of grumbling. feeling better

ak
Brand New Poster

update

Postby ak » Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:48 pm

End of June, 90 percent back to normal. Still taking the proboitics, probably continue for a while. Time can heal all wounds, I was very concerned that this would re-occur, one bout does not mean an ongoing situation.

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”