New to site and fear of relapse 6 months out!

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
jodi
New User

New to site and fear of relapse 6 months out!

Postby jodi » Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:57 pm

Hi all,
My name is Jodi and i am a member on the UK site but i follow this site more.

My battle with c-diff started after the birth of my daughter with severe stomach pains that often i would roll around the floor in pain. I had a bout of D which cleared but i continued to feel unwell, sick, dizzy, no energy, leg and back pains. Doctors kept telling me there was nothing wrong and on my 3rd admition to hospital i had a temp, high infection level was not sure of what was going on around me and i thought i would die and this time i tested possitive for c-diff. I spent a whole month in hospital and missed so much time with my baby daughter. 2 weeks off of vanco and i relapsed and did test possitive again. I had a 6 week tapering dose of Vanco which ended in October. I have suffered ongoing leg and back pains amoung going from C to D, feeling sick, hallucinations and a lot of other symptoms.

Anyway things have gradually got better and over the last 3months i have been eating well and not felt sick and the only symptoms that i have had are flare ups of loose stools.

However yesturday i started with pains and feeling sick and the sweats that i used to get. Today i still feel really ill, so ill that i have spent all day on the sofa and have not been able to look after my daughter. My leg and back pain are back and i am so worried that i am heading for a relapse that will be months of me being ill until i test possitive again. Sorry for all of the detail but i do not have full blown D just little bits that leak out with wind or i get the sudden urge to go but there is only little bits of D when i wipe. It feels just like c-diff and fear this time i might not beat it. Its not just about the D for me its how ill i feel and all of the other symptoms. I missed moths of being able to look after my daughter and just as ive started to enjoy life again and dare plan a day ahead i'm now back to square one.

Do many people relapse 6 months out without any antibiotics or known cause?

i have never posted before because my story is so long but have been following many of you on here.

Best wishes to all Jodi.

Nancy1
Administrator

Postby Nancy1 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:09 am

Jodi,
Welcome to the group that no one wants to join. Be sure to read All Users Read This First, Dr. Borody's article, Dr. McDonald's article (in the FAQ section under Articles by Experts), and all areas in FAQ that interest you.

Check out the 3-day rule in the FAQ section. As Roy says, probably you just have a bug and it will go away soon. Good luck. Also, in the future, please put D descriptions like this in the TMI section. Thank you.

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”