Sigmoidoscopy

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
Mommy23
Long Time Contributor

Sigmoidoscopy

Postby Mommy23 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:55 pm

I've had a bit of a rough few weeks since doing the infusions, I thought I'd be magically cured but that doesn't seem to be the case. Anyways between moving states and finally finding new doctors, I had an unplanned sigmoid yesterday. The doctor said there was no evidence of cdiff, although my symptoms have started again.

I wondered how accurate that test is? He explained with active cdiff he would see obvious signs...white patches, inflammation etc...
If the infection is higher up in the colon would this test miss it? He didn't take a sample during the test.
I have to do another millionth stool test next week, but I just wondered what you guys know about this.

Yet again, he found fecal impaction so I have to do another bowel prep, which I won't do until I know for sure whether or not I have cdiff. (done 2 already) I've got to go gluten free for a month as well, plus take two other meds to get things under control.

Vikingjeff28
Long Time Contributor

Postby Vikingjeff28 » Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:35 am

My GI has done 3 colonoscopies on me and last time did a sig. He said he can see what he needs to see with it as he saw red patches that were healing(previous white) as I had been on vanco for 10 days when he did this one. I think generally they can see what they need to see with it but as you pointed out, not as thorough as Colonoscopy.

Mommy23
Long Time Contributor

Postby Mommy23 » Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:04 pm

Thanks Jeff for responding. I guess its a good sign. I don't think I've ever had the full colitis, can we have cdiff without the white bumps, inflammation,redness etc? I guess only time will tell once I do the stool test.

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”