sore throat

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
cazza
Regular User

sore throat

Postby cazza » Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:43 am

does anyone else get a sore throat before the cdiff flares.This seems to be a marked symptom of mine before the gut and fatigue flares.

Vikingjeff28
Long Time Contributor

Postby Vikingjeff28 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:30 am

I get wicked sore throats but mine are from GERD, which started my whole mess. Misdiagnosed as tonsilitis by an ENT, two rounds of Clinda and then 18 months of C diff....

cazza
Regular User

a bit annoyed

Postby cazza » Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:24 pm

Well my stomach has flared up again. I'm tired etc. THis really gets me down.

I had the stool infusion last year in November then needed antibiotics in January. Since taking the doxycyline my tummy flared up with a vengeance.

If you are doing the stool infusion please don't take antibiotics for a long time afterwards.

I couldn't avoid it due to an operation. Oh weill here we go again. I don't see the doctor for another month so will have to deal with it until then.
I'm taking probiotics and hoping that brings it somewhat under control.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:52 pm

So sorry to hear that, Cazza. Hopefully they can give you another infusion or two again. The same thing happened to me last year - 7 months later.

cazza
Regular User

no treatment for a month

Postby cazza » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:21 pm

When i was first diagnosed i only had flagyl and wasn't treated for atleast a month.

My case i don't get huge amounts of d. I know it is there when the fatigue is really bad like now. BUt i am still at work.

Roy

I will try and get to the doctor sooner.

Mommy23
Long Time Contributor

Postby Mommy23 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:24 pm

I'm sorry Cazza, what a struggle this has been. Do you think its cdiff or maybe a bad bout of IBS???

I hope you can get the infusions done again, they worked once.

cazza
Regular User

feels like cdiff

Postby cazza » Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:47 pm

It just feels like cdiff. so fatigued is what really nails it.

I have been having flares since early 2007. It really does get tiring.

Mommy did you have the infusions. are you ok now

Mommy23
Long Time Contributor

Postby Mommy23 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:57 am

Cazza,
I did them at home, six in total. (end of Jan)
Was suppose to go to Duluth, but I've been testing negative since. I am not even close to normal yet, but hopefully on the road to recovery, I may have SIBO which could be the cause of my continued issues.

I hope the clinic will agree to do them once again.

cazza
Regular User

Thanks Roy

Postby cazza » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:44 pm

I don't think cdiff affects the throat. I just seem to get a sore throat when it flares. It has been like that since the start. When it flares my throat hurts and then the stomach gets really bad.

Not sure why. I am seeing the doctor next week to see what can be done. I'm waiting on some stool tests so will see.

Flagyl always helps but doesn't last. I flare a few weeks after taking it. Since the flagyl helps i am pretty sure there is some sort of infection going on

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”