third time, but more questions

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
gm37
Long Time Contributor

third time, but more questions

Postby gm37 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:05 pm

Third time to relapse; was hoping not to be going for some kind of record with this.
I am on Vanco, liquid, 4x daily, just as before. Seem to be feeling better, BUT I am shaking. My arms and legs feel rubbery like when you have the flu. It is hard to describe. Sometimes it even feels like little tremors. Could this be a side effect of meds...or maybe just my bodies' reaction to my colon being a mess.
My doctor is out of the country on spring break with kids so I am turning to you for your experience and wisdom.
Oh, and. Bobbie, I put a call in to Dr. Allen today. Maybe he can help me stop the relapses.
As always, keeping my fingers crossed.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:05 pm

I have had the shakes that you describe and never figured out what it was from and neither did my doctors. They only told me that toxins could cause this, but if you are on the meds, then the toxins are most likely out of you. You could have your blood tested - I know that low electrolytes can do this too, but I'm not sure which ones - potassium, magnesium I think. Ask your doctor - maybe they can check. Also ask if any vitamin deficiencies can cause this. I know I have read about that too, but don't remember which ones can do it.

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”