New to group and scared. Advice please!

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:34 pm

If you switch to vanco you can always take the Alinia after as a chaser. I know the ID doctors are using that now. Did the glutamine give you stomach cramps, D* or any kind of upset stomach? I know it is used to help the intestines as well - but don't want to take it if it gives D*.

Mommy23
Long Time Contributor

Postby Mommy23 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:27 pm

Roy, that is exactly what my doctor said....not yet approve for cdiff in the US, but approve in some other countries. He said they have had success with it, so hopefully it works for those who give it a try.

nolagirl
Contributor

Postby nolagirl » Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:18 pm

OK. My test came back positive. No surprise there. Infec. Disease doc wants me to stay on Alinia for 10 days. 2x a day. She said they have had great success with Alinia knocking out C Diff. She said it is relatively new. So far, I have not had any more issues since late yesterday afternoon. The nurse said the fact that I have not had any more problems since yesterday (when I began the Alinia) is a good sign.

I will keep all of you updated on how the Alinia works out.

I am interested in the liquid Vanco, but my nurse told me that it may be very difficult to find the liquid form. She said it is already hard to find the capsule Vanco. We have several compounding pharmacies here in New Orleans. So, I think I will call them and see how hard it would be for them to get liquid Vanco for me. It looks like from what I have read it lasts about 2 weeks and must be stored in the refrigerator?

I will keep y'all posted. Thanks again for all of the input. Helps ease my mind.

nolagirl
Contributor

Postby nolagirl » Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:26 pm

So far, I am on my 6th day of Alinia and feel like a new person. I can't even begin to tell you how much better I feel. I am on the Alinia until this Wednesday. As we all know, we don't know what the future holds, so I will keep you posted...but as of right now, this Alinia is doing wonders for me. I pray, pray that it is working.

I have actually been able to work and run errands again! :D

Vikingjeff28
Long Time Contributor

Postby Vikingjeff28 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:07 pm

In looking at Alinia it looks comparable to Xifaxin in what it treats. I have been on everything but Alinia, good to know for future use.

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”