Am I having a relapse pleasw help?

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
pwood62
Regular Contributor

Am I having a relapse pleasw help?

Postby pwood62 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:31 pm

Hi all, it has been a long time since I posted here (sorry)...lots of stuff going on.
Anyway, 2 weeks ago I had a colonoscopy and Dr. said he saw no C-Diff! He took a scrape and it came back negative for any C-Diff toxin. Felt pretty good for 2 weeks just kinda weak. Yesterday I started feeling pretty bad. I would like to say that in those 2 weeks I still never had what you would call a normal BM not really Diarreah sp? but just not my normal old self. This morning I was in the bathroom 3 times with very loose stools. I ate quite a bit of dairy including yogurt yesterday. and Dr. said I may be lactose intolerant dor awhile buy I'm kind of feeling panicky and icky and if I say anything DH gets very upset and says "The Dr. says you don't have C-Diff anymore, please stop worrying". There's no one really to call and we are having a huge blizzard here in Northern VA but can someone here please give me some thoughts, advice or just a word? Thank you so much everyone for this site I wouldn't havwe anyone to really turn to today without it.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:48 pm

It is quite possible that this happened from the dairy. I was never lactose intolerant and after c diff I couldn't even eat butter! I would give it a day or two to see. After a colonoscopy it takes a while for the intestines to settle down too. Maybe if you eat a really bland diet for a day or two things will settle down and if not, then you can get a test. But, with me the dairy brought about pretty severe symptoms too. I still don't tolerate it.

Vikingjeff28
Long Time Contributor

Postby Vikingjeff28 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:00 am

Three times in a day is not bad(if that is all you went) and darn near normal for me when I am well. For me, there is never a doubt it is back as I get pain, then a solid BM with m, then I will go every 15-30 minutes until vanco starts to work with tons of pain. People that do not have this do not understand, just because you are clear now does not mean it will not come back days or a week later. They think it is like the flu or a virus or equivalent and if you were clear two weeks ago that you can't have it now, not true. Based upon your symptoms now it does not sound like it is back but everyone is different. If you get worse in next couple of days call doc or go to urgent care. Don't let it scare you, if it comes back just treat it again, hang in there.

pwood62
Regular Contributor

Postby pwood62 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:49 pm

Thank you both. I feel a little better today. Nothing to do but wait anyway as we are snowed in.

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”