Colon Pain/Inflammation

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
Mommy23
Long Time Contributor

Colon Pain/Inflammation

Postby Mommy23 » Sun Jan 31, 2010 5:15 pm

Throughout my ordeal with cdiff I've never had the typical stomach pain/cramps. I do however, have what I guess would be colon pain. I am to the point that I can no longer lay on either side. It actually feels as though something is swollen or being pushed out much like the feeling of sore muscles after a hard work out all under the rib cage/flank area. When I wake up I can hardly bend over from the soreness.
Do any of you have this type of inflammation? If so, what has helped. I've tried fish oils, hot water bottles etc...
Thanks

Vikingjeff28
Long Time Contributor

Postby Vikingjeff28 » Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:14 pm

I had that for 4 months the first time around, miserable, I am sorry for you. Mine gradually went away but of course I have had C diff 4 times since that first time. I get vanco in me within hours of each relapse so my pain lasts a couple of days and goes away.

Nancy1
Administrator

Postby Nancy1 » Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:58 pm

I didn't have the pain that you describe, but I could feel that my colon was swollen, especially during relapses. For pain, other folks here have used Bentyl, Levsin, and Xanax. Good luck.

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”