Severe Pain

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
Alexa.Rae
New User

Severe Pain

Postby Alexa.Rae » Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:47 pm

I've been off my last round of vanco for about 2-2 1/2 months now. I've had slight stomach issues but nothing too severe. Yesterday I woke up with severe stomach pain, not cramping like other times I've had cdiff but a full curling up wanting to cry pain. Now it's coming and going and the severity to which it hurts is varying as well. There's always a dull pain but sometimes it hurts so bad I get lightheaded. The pain is all over my abdomin but centering mostly in the middle to lower abdomin. I had diahrea twice yesterday and only once today (although its only 1). Does this sound like another relapse? I would say it is, but the pain is different and so much worse. I hope its not as this will be the forth or fifth time in 7 months that I've had it.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:57 pm

The only way you will know for sure if it is c difficile is to get a test done. It may be a virus, but I would definitely call the doctor and speak to him about it.

Vikingjeff28
Long Time Contributor

Postby Vikingjeff28 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:54 pm

That is the pain that put me in the hospital as I could not eat or drink for months. Mine went into colitis, gastritis, had 3 colonoscopies and 2 endoscopies in 30 days. Call your doc or go to ER if it is really bad and get it checked. My gut does hurt from time to time and I have now been off of my 8 week taper of vanco for 3 weeks. I also have relapsed 4 times in a year nad a half. Go ge tit checked if it does not stop, that is what I did when it happened to me.

Alexa.Rae
New User

Postby Alexa.Rae » Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:25 pm

pretty much the same, off and on pain. the pain seems to be getting worse but isnt very frequent so far today. i have an appointment to go see a GI doctor for the first time, even though ive had cdiff four or five times. hopefully theyll be able to help me and see whats going on.

Mommy23
Long Time Contributor

Postby Mommy23 » Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:11 pm

Alexa,
I just noticed your location. Madison has some very good teaching hospitals you may want to consider checking them out. I'm surprised you haven't seen a GI yet especially with the multiple relapses. Who has been treating you?

Alexa.Rae
New User

Postby Alexa.Rae » Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:09 pm

I know, I should have seen a GI before. I've been seeing my family doctor so far, I've only had it for 6-7 months so even though I've had a few relapses I just never thought about it. Stupid, I know, I need to take better care of this. I'm going to see a GI at St Mary's Hospital next week though, so hopefully we can get this under control.

Mommy23
Long Time Contributor

Postby Mommy23 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:21 pm

I didn't at all mean to be critical, I'm just surprised your doctor hasn't sent you to one earlier.
Did you end up retesting, or are you feeling better? It may just be the post IBS. Hope you get things figured out.

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”