Constipation Problems!

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
Mommy23
Long Time Contributor

Constipation Problems!

Postby Mommy23 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:25 pm

Wondering how many of you have had a problem with constipation. Last week I had an xray that showed "dried stool" in my right colon.

My symptoms are very strange, I don't have any problem going in the morning, but have the constipation feeling in the afternoon. I have severe pain in the lower back under ribs and nausea mostly at night. According to the doctor you can have "chronic constipation" with D or even normal BM's.
This has been going on through the duration of my bout with Cdiff, 6 months and I'm almost wondering if this so called constipation is keeping the bacteria lodged in my body.

For the next three weeks I have to do a bowel cleanse one per week followed by a 2 dosages of a laxative per day. Ya, really lovely especially with Cdiff. The last cleaning was awful, felt like it triggered the cdiff all over again. I did not feel any better. I've even had a colonscopy and no change.

I've only really read of one other post and that was a little baby who had the classic symptoms of constipation, completely unable to go. The doctors felt that the cdiff was trapped and once he was cleaned out he was better.
I'm almost wondering if there is something wrong with how my colon is functioning on a daily basis b/c I don't have those symptoms. All along I've felt like "something" else is wrong, but just can't seem to get any answers.

I am potentially heading to Duluth at the end of Jan for the stool transplant and I don't want this problem to effect the outcome. Obviously, I will talk to the doctor and see what he suggests.

Sorry to ramble but if anyone has had experience with this I'd appreciate suggestions...

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”