QUESTION ABOUT A RELAPSE

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
peanut
Regular Contributor

QUESTION ABOUT A RELAPSE

Postby peanut » Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:14 pm

does anyone know how we can get a relapse after 2 years of being cdiff free? antibiotics are a given which i havent taken in 2 years. think i might be relapsing but im not sure yet could just be stomach flu.
does anyone know of other causes of a relapse besides antibiotics after all this time?

Nancy1
Administrator

Postby Nancy1 » Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:55 pm

I am sorry to hear that you might be relapsing, and I hope it's just the stomach flu. Or something that you ate or drank. Anything that knocks your immune system down might cause a relapse. Some folks here have had relapses after illnesses such as colds. I remember one person had a relapse after surgery, even though she hadn't taken any antibiotics for her surgery. Chemotherapy can cause relapses because it messes with your immune system.

Good luck. Let us know how it goes.

Vikingjeff28
Long Time Contributor

Postby Vikingjeff28 » Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:26 am

I had one after 9 months, took no ABX. No idea why other than spore felt it was good time to germinate in my gut and environment was right.

fire7163
Long Time Contributor

Postby fire7163 » Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:40 pm

You're sure that it's a relapse ??? It's real easy to call any stomach issues a relapse. After C-diff we all panic at any irregularity and forget that it is flu season and having an upset stomach after the holidays is normal. I think that I'd wait and see for a couple of days. If it continues take a sample for testing, then you'll know.

Fire

peanut
Regular Contributor

Postby peanut » Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:28 pm

Thanks for your replies all. yea im waiting it out a few days cause i do remember the waiting protocol with cdiff lol. i started taking florastor the day this all started and i think its helping. havent had any stool yet today and i know thats a good sign as far as cdiff goes.

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”