15 days off of Vanco, but cramping. Relapse?

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
carrie
Regular Contributor

Postby carrie » Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:02 am

Hey Cathy, running and Cdiff I'm impressed couldn't even think about running while I was sick but I'm back at it now and loving every second of it. I'd like to suggest that you cut out the morning coffee if you can, at least for a while. I use to drink a cup every morning but quit while with active cdiff. I've tried to have a cup since but it no longer agrees with me. I'm just happy to be running again but say I can give up almost any food or beverage but not exercise, it killed me not to run/cycle/swim
/golf/soccer during the year of recovery. I've had to give up many foods to lessen the cramps and every day I continue learning what I can or can not eat. Hopefully you will be able to sort the cramp thing soon but I'd think starting with cutting out coffee in the morning might be helpful.
Don't let that cdiff win and do keep yourself hydrated with water, might be good to stay away from any type of energy or recovery drink also as they can be hard on your gut.

fire7163
Long Time Contributor

Postby fire7163 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:23 pm

Cathy:

You might ask your Doc about Dicyclomine ( Bentyl ) for your cramps. It worked great for me. I'm unsure of how or if it could affect your pregnancy...so ask.

Fire

cathy
New User

Postby cathy » Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:14 pm

Carrie, I'm definitely going to follow your advice. I gave up on raw veggies last week, and I feel much better. Plus, I cut down on my coffee. And the cramps are so much better. I had a beautiful, cramp-free run two days ago, and it was heaven. I may never eat a veggie again.

Fire, I'm not pregnant anymore (I had a preemie in June b/c the C Diff was real hard on my body), so I can ask my GI about the Bentyl. I'd love to take something to calm these cramps down as I try to eat veggies and other foods.
Diagnosed with C Diff while 7 months pregnant.

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”