UTI and Cdiff

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
Mommy23
Long Time Contributor

UTI and Cdiff

Postby Mommy23 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:45 pm

I think I may have a UTI just started noticing symptoms last week. Cloudy urine, burning etc...
I have tried every remedy I know but my symptoms don't seem to be changing much. I plan to see the Dr sometime this week. I wondering if anyone has experienced a UTI while on vanco. I've read numerous posts of people having them after cdiff. What can I take? Is Macrobid the only safe antibiotic?

HEATHER28
Long Time Contributor

Postby HEATHER28 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:30 pm

Sorry to hear you my have a UTI! They are such a pain...UGH! I have has 3 UTI's Post Cdiff and I have taken Bactrim all 3 times and I have done fine with that.

Hope you start feeling better soon!
Heather

Cdiff free 7yrs! Cdiff left me with IBS but, I am dealing with it!!
"I am careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence I can reach for. Perfection is god's business." Michael J. Fox

Mommy23
Long Time Contributor

Postby Mommy23 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:14 pm

Thanks Heather, I'm feeling pretty bummed! I actually still don't know if I have a UTI, there was a 2 hr wait at the clinic and I gave up. I'll get the test done tomorrow...can you tell I'm putting it off??!

I'm just afraid this is going to make my cdiff worse.....

HennyPenny68
Contributor

What helped me

Postby HennyPenny68 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:53 am

Awhile back I started having symptoms of a UTI and I too was scared to get something for it. I asked my husband to get me Azo at the store to see if it would help me. He got me the cranberry tablets instead of the stuff that helps with the pain. I took them and also went and got the stuff for pain. I drank lots of water along with them and amazingly it started going away. Anyway, I'm sure it don't work for everyone but it did work for me.

Mommy23
Long Time Contributor

Postby Mommy23 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:55 pm

Well, I don't have a UTI. I'm not sure why I'm having the symptoms, although I think it might be another cyst. This cdiff causes havoc on the entire body, I've had endless issues since getting this bug.

wildwind
Contributor

Postby wildwind » Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:04 am

Throughout my CD I have 'felt' like I have had a UTI, when I tested it was negative too. I just try to stay well hydrated. Hyoscamine has helped me with some of the worst of the spasms, pain in my lower abdomen.

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”