C.diff and eye problems?

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
chrissy72
Regular User

C.diff and eye problems?

Postby chrissy72 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:55 pm

I thought I read somewhere on this board that someone here experienced weird eye problems with c.diff. Not sure if it was due to the c.diff or the meds used to treat it.

I have been having GI issues again. I just did another stool sample yesterday and I'm waiting on the results. But I've also been having some weird eye issues and was curious if the two are related.

Suezer
Long Time Contributor

Postby Suezer » Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:21 pm

My eyes became oddly blood shot looking before my C Diff became full blown and they remained that way through out the months ,it seems once my colon began to heal from the initial infection(s) my eyes became clearer as well. It has to do with inflamation in the body or so.
Hoping for a cure.

Brittany
Regular User

Postby Brittany » Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:32 pm

I developed eye shingles and then once that finally cleared up I started having eye pain again, this time with redness and swelling. I went back to the eye doctor and they said this time it was allergy bumps on the inside of my eyelids that were scratching my cornea like sandpaper. I now take drops every night that help, though I've tried to stop taking them and the pain promptly returns. I still notice eye discomfort if I don't get enough sleep or have worn contacts the day before. Seems like something's always wrong now after having had c diff.
Brittany

"If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it."

skipperndallas
Regular User

eyes?

Postby skipperndallas » Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:50 pm

Sometimes reactive arthritis can cause that it did with me.It can cause joint pain,pinkeye like symptoms, and belive it not trouble urinating. They used to use a rymthe back when RA was called reiter's syndrome. Can 't see ,can't pee ,can't climb a tree.

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”