new poster

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
cannynancy
Brand New Poster

new poster

Postby cannynancy » Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:15 pm

I've had c diff since March. Nothing has worked. GI doctor has mentioned fecal transplant with Dr. Brandt. Now I seem to have a vaginal infection plus a draining sore in that area. Rectal area also feels irritated. Doctor said to use Desitin which didn't help. I see a Gyn on Monday. Any other post menopausal women have similar problem. I am discouraged and depressed.

mayotte
Contributor

Postby mayotte » Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:09 pm

Are you currently on Vanco...probiotics, etc? Many people on this site can share their experiences, which will be helpful. You will be recieving an "official welcome" , but until then you might want to read some of the case histories. Everyone here knows how difficult dealing with c.diff can be. Glad you found us.

cannynancy
Brand New Poster

Postby cannynancy » Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:46 pm

I should have given more info. I have been on vanco for four months starting with 125 mgs 4x, a day. In mid-May the dosage was increased to 250mgs four times a day. After a month, the dosage was reduced to 3x a day. I felt good at this point although not normal. I had an appetite and began to regain the weight I had lost. After several weeks I went to 2 vancos a day, then after two weeks, 1 vanco a day. That is when I started to feel poorly. I gave it a week and called the GI doctor who increased my dose to 500mg 4x a day for three weeks and then I am to begin the taper again. I have D 3 or 4 times a day. I have been taking 4 Florastor a day throughout. I have also tried Culturelle and acidophillus but can't tell if anything has helped. Also within the past week, the night sweats have returned and the irritation and discharge in my bottom keeps getting worse. I'm terrified I will need an antibiotic to cure I have trouble believing I will ever get over this. I have lost 12lbs and am a small person. I have spent the past several months reading this site everyday. That is how I found the GI doctor I have been using. I'm just discouraged that I haven't made more progress. I would love to reach the point where I could post under success stories.

Vikingjeff28
Long Time Contributor

Postby Vikingjeff28 » Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:59 pm

Hang tough, I lost 35 pounds with it initially. It sounds like you are doing all the right things. Unfortunately, sometimes it takes a while to eradicate the beast. Keep doing what you are doing, call doctor if you are not getting better and stay as POSITIVE as you can. We all know exactly what you are going thru and pray for your recovery.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:40 pm

I have had the irritation as well and will pm you the details, as they are a little "too much information" to post here.

Beth

Nancy1
Administrator

Postby Nancy1 » Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:41 pm

cannynancy,
Here's the official welcome: Welcome to the group that no one wants to join. It sounds like you've done a lot of reading already, but be sure to read All Users Read This First, Dr. Borody's article, Dr. McDonald's article (in the FAQ section under Articles by Experts), and all areas in FAQ that interest you.

I was post-menopausal also when I got cdiff. I had it for 8 months and lost 27 pounds (Primadophilus reuteri helped me get my appetite back so I could stop losing weight). What finally worked for me was pulsing; see the FAQ section for more info. I also had a vaginal infection, which was not a yeast infection, probably due to D getting all over everything. My doc gave me some cream whose name I don't remember. For my rear end I used hydrocortisone cream (Anusol or Tucks).

They tell me that everyone beats cdiff eventually. You will too. For some of us it just takes longer. See the Ten Commandments of Surviving Cdiff in the FAQ section, especially #7, about never giving up hope. Good luck. Let us know how it goes.

Kathy George
Long Time Contributor

Postby Kathy George » Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:38 pm

I had the same problem with the tapering method on vanco. Everytime I got down to 2 per day the big "D" came back. After 4 months of being on constant medication, huge weight lost and misery I decided to do Dr. Borody's Home Enema Infusion therapy and it worked for me. Good luck to you!
Kathy

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”