relapse while on vanco?

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Sat Jul 18, 2009 8:29 pm

I tried everything I could try and I feel worse again. I guess the next step is to go to the hospital. The doctor told me that I probably have toxins in my intestines causing this, but that commercial tests don't identify the toxins. He told me to take Questran for now. How do you treat something you can't identify? Had to stop the Boost - caused D* too. I'm really depressed at this point. I just don't get why this all started with the vanco???

anlockwood
Long Time Contributor

Postby anlockwood » Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:04 pm

Beth I am so sorry. I don't even know what to say as I just wish there would be a way to take all of your suffering away. I keep praying for you and I just hope that God is going to answer those prayers very soon. Please hang in there and know that we are all with you through this. Although I know you probably feel like this will never end, you will get through this. So many have suffered tremendously on this website but they have made it through and you just remember that when things are really rough, you will make it through too! I am sure this topic may be close to its end but please please keep us updated on how you are doing. I really hope you don't have to be hospitalized but in some cases that becomes the best answer to figure things out. Have they retested you again recently for the c diff? Maybe it is far enough out now.

Amanda

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:07 pm

I have retested. It is not c diff, but the doctor says that after an infection you can get other toxins that cause the IBS or whatever they want to call it, but they can't identify them. Meanwhile I'm here with another BV infection that hopefully won't go into a UTI. My gyn is out of town, my internist is out of town, and the GI just told me to take the Questran to try to bind up the toxins. I'll do that and see if it helps. Thanks for the prayers.

klt03301
Long Time Contributor

Postby klt03301 » Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:28 am

Hi Beth,

I felt HORRIBLE for months after finishing vanco in 4/08. Sick to my stomach and in a lot of pain. Was convinced I still had C-Diff, but had so many negative tests. Everyone here told me it would take time, but it's so hard to believe you're going to feel better. I still had off days until 2/09; things seemed to just fade away and I was back to myself. Took a year and I was just dumbfounded as to why no one could figure out why I still felt so sick. The only thing I changed was increasing my probitoic intake...instead of 1 I took 2...careful with these, though...they can make some folks feel worse. It's all trial and error, and time...

I hope you don't have to go to the hospital; that is the last place any of us want to be...but if you have to....you just do. My best wishes to you...it was a nightmare! I got through it and can pretty much eat what I want now, other than red meat (haven't tried it and really don't like it anyway.)

Karen

Karen

sangeeta
Regular User

Postby sangeeta » Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:53 am

I am so sorry that you are suffering so much. There will be a day when you will look back and just remember this as a nightmare. I know it might be hard to believe this now, but that day will soon come so please hang in there. I am post 5 months cdiff and am still struggling with various issues. It is a nasty disease and will take some time so please keep fighting. We are all with you and are praying for you during this difficult time. May God bless you!

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”