c diff on and off

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
Mia-Mia
Regular Contributor

ibs

Postby Mia-Mia » Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:39 pm

Its with great comfort to speak with all of you and see that I am not alone with the severe pain. My legs also shake its very draining ITs like LABOR PAIN. But then after a few days WITH NO MEDS OR PROBIOTICS I go back to just fine. SO dont get it. I guess this time 3 months with nothing was good. I had 2 bad days and now I am fine. I wish I knew. for sure If I am rid of this. I guess it gets us so scared that we always think about it .

monacat
Contributor

Postby monacat » Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:12 am

ok a few things. just for the record when i started this whole thing my c-diff did come and go. i would have it every few weeks until finally the symptoms took over.
in addition during my recovery (off vanco for a month or so)i too have had brutal labor like cramps that seemed to hit me in the middle of the night eventually culminating in d several hours later. I have had to be careful what i eat. And I have to say that i have stumbled on wild pacific salmon oil which seems to have provided me with miraculous (no word of a lie!!)relief of my aching colon/midnight cramps. I can't believe that I havent heard anybody speak of this on here as I swear to you it was like night and day. I have been taking it (only 1 pill a day though the bottle say's 3)every day religiously for the past few weeks and have felt more normal then i have in the last year. I can indulge in a tipple or two and eat almost (almost!!) anything i want. For the moment. I would not be so foolish to say that this may be temporary but hey...
I REALLY recomend the wild pacific salmon oil. It's worth a try!! i went from feeling like a walking ache to feeling like a human again almost overnight. crazy!!

Suezer
Long Time Contributor

Postby Suezer » Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:35 am

Monacat is right, she actually recommended the salmon oil to me via PM, I had some Omega 3 fish oil supplements in my cabinet and decided those were quite similar. I was experiencing colon aching,among other things,it seemed to have helped nearly over night. I too take only 1 per day although the bottle says to take 3. It seems the fish oils help with inflamation,-in all different areas of the body.
Note*People with sensitivities to certain supplements of course should speak to their health care provider before trying new things.

I just wanted to chime in here and say that this has also helped me a great deal.
Hoping for a cure.

Mia-Mia
Regular Contributor

hey monacat

Postby Mia-Mia » Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:25 pm

Were you completely fine. In between like for 3 months? because that is whats happening to me sometimes its 3 months sometimes a month. And I am pretty much ok in between a little constipated. Did you test positive every time. And was it after stopping antibiotics that you re started every month? i have not been on antibiotics for over 1 1/2 years now.

Vikingjeff28
Long Time Contributor

Postby Vikingjeff28 » Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:03 pm

Interesting, I have taken fish oil for years and still do but never thought it might have been intrumental in helping me heal.

monacat
Contributor

Postby monacat » Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:59 pm

i googled fish oil and c-diff and a couple studies came up stating that the salmon oil (and also evening of primrose) has been benificial as an anti inflamitory in crohn's and ulcerative colitis. so go figure, i am not nuts after all! amazing really. no vitimin has ever worked on me as fast and efficiantly as this. it has been key in my post c-diff recovery. ahhhh, the lovely salmon!!

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”