Just need to vent

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
CDiffMommy
Regular User

Just need to vent

Postby CDiffMommy » Mon May 04, 2009 7:25 pm

Hi everyone...I just needed to vent to people who understand the fear of this. I have posted before about my recovery and I've been doing well - 3 1/2 months off vanco....feeling great, eating and drinking everything. Have had a few bad days here and there, but for the most part, back to normal. Last night I felt warm and had a 99.2 temperature (I know that is not even really considered fever, but it's still higher than normal). I slept, woke up and just felt not so great today - my stomach isn't the greatest (no D - I even had taken miralax yesterday for another issue I'm having and I did not have D - it wasn't normal perse, but still decent). So all day today i feel under the weather, no appetite, stomach very off, and have had a 99.0 to 99.2 temp all day. I called my dr just to be on the safe side and he wrote me a lab script to get tested (i know it's best to treat on symptoms alone, but I do this for my own sanity because I've tested positive when I had it and negative twice when it was gone, so for me it's been pretty accurate).
Anyway just wanted somewhere to vent - everyone thinks I'm overreacting a bit but I feel like you can never be too safe with this....and when I did get sick with Cdiff months ago, it started out with a low grade fever and went up quickly so any kind of fever makes me nervous.
Odds are that I just have a bug or virus of some sort, but I still just hate this feeilng.
thanks for letting me vent.... appreciate all your ears and eyes... :)

trob25
Regular Contributor

Postby trob25 » Mon May 04, 2009 8:04 pm

Hey, it might be just a cold. I have one right now and my temp has flowed from normal to 99.2 over the last two days. I have other signs of course, runny nose, cough, but keep in mind it could be the start of a cold for you. This isn't a crazy fever by any means, I know because in my paranoia I called my medical professional mom who has a list with the difference between flu, pneumonia and cold and anything more serious than a cold is a 100-103 temp with other major problems. 99 or so is just a minor elevation.

It worries the hell out of me though also, just like everything does now. So of course we understand what you are going through. When I had C-Diff my temp was higher some days, like 99.7 once! So don't freak out yet.

Mia-Mia
Regular Contributor

getting tested

Postby Mia-Mia » Mon May 04, 2009 8:38 pm

My suggestion is Dont get tested unless you get D for more thatn 2 days. Your are letting it take over you. I am the same So i understand. Most infectious disease DOCs Will not even treat even thought its positive unless you have D. Stay Calm (easier said than done). Give it a couple of days . In the past whe we felt ill it was just feeling Ill Now because of this monster C diff We think we have it all the time. Good luck i wish you well

fire7163
Long Time Contributor

Postby fire7163 » Mon May 04, 2009 9:27 pm

I said this many times before " The hardest part about C-diff is accepting the fact that you are getting well." It's going to be a bumpy ride with both good and off days. After what we'll all been through it's not hard to panic when things aren't feeling right. When in all reality it very well maybe just a normal part of healing. Your body's immune system is up and running, willing to fight to protect itself...that's a very good sign. Don't panic...give it a couple of days to see what progresses. If you get worse then call the Doctor.

Fire

CDiffMommy
Regular User

Postby CDiffMommy » Tue May 05, 2009 8:25 am

thanks everyone -I really appreciate the replies....I always know everyone here understands how crazy this thing can make you.
Trob - I do actually think it's a cold.....my nose is a little runny, slight slight coughing, and a mild headache today. My temp is still the same, maybe a touch lower which is good. I just hate the temperature thing. I can handle other things, but the temp scares me because when I got sick, the temp is what flew up. The rational side of me realizes this is probably nothing, but the other side of me just jumps to think the worst. I was never like this before and always brushed everything off (probably why it took me weeks to go to the dr when I was having stomach issues)....so now I tend to be extra careful.
I am picking up a lab slip today "just in case", but I'm just going to rest and try to remind myself that people get sick.
Thanks again everyone for letting me vent. I just hope this temp goes back down to completely normal today.

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”