HELP needed

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
ReneeTina
Brand New Poster

HELP needed

Postby ReneeTina » Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:43 am

going in for surgery (back) this one may not be so bad but then may have to have 12 hr surgery (fuse back & rods) and they always use dreaded antibiotics.

"Anyone been in this situation before' and avoided c-diff????
It was my last surgery that brought on the 8-9 month bought
that I was on and I'm being tested again to make sure it is gone. Since the surgeon will not operate unless I'm clear. Can you imagine trying to heal from back surgery and c-diff?

Computer help too please. I have tried to post before & nobody answered (it was a little hello intro) so can some of you please answer so I know this is getting out there? I am not computer literate so I would really appreciate it also if there are any other suggestions as I'm all ears.

Under the sugject line above (when this is blank, what does code mean? list? list=? and am I supposed to use any of those buttons when I send a new topic? I do not if I'm posting in right place to get this to a large group so

Peace and Health to all. (do I disable HTML or BBCode?)
ReneeTina

anlockwood
    Long Time Contributor

Postby anlockwood » Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:38 am

Hi ReneeTina,

I am sorry you posted before and didn't get any responses. Under your name is says how many posts you have made and it only says one so I am guessing the first on didn't take. I am not sure where you posted that but there are better places to post that get more traffic. The best places to post is under Questions C Diff or General C Diff Discusion. A lot of people go into both of those topics. I am very sorry to hear that you are going to possibly need surgery plus antibiotics. Someone else was just facing this exact same situation for knee surgery. One idea that was brought up is sometimes the doctor are willing to us IV vanco. It doesn't cross over to the gut so it is good in that way and it covers for things like MRSA which is one of the biggest concerns during surgery. Maybe ask your doctors about this.

As far as the the issues with posting, I am not really sure on all of that. I am sure a moderator could come along and answer that for you. I hope everything goes well for you and that you won't need the second surgery.

Amanda

klt03301
    Long Time Contributor

Postby klt03301 » Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:39 am

Hi there. You may want to PM (send a private message to) Fire7163...he underwent back surgery after C-Diff and if I'm not mistaken his surgeon used vancomycin b/c of his history of C-Diff.

The very best of luck to you...

Karen

Nancy1
    Administrator

Postby Nancy1 » Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:27 pm

ReneeTina,
    Welcome to the group that no one wants to join. Be sure to read All Users Read This First, Dr. Borody's article, Dr. McDonald's article (in the FAQ section under Articles by Experts), and all areas in FAQ that interest you.

I am not good on computers either, so I will let other moderators answer those questions. We are all a bit swamped right now, so it may take a few days to get back to you.

I had 8 months of cdiff in 2005-06. My orthopedic surgeon recently told me I needed knee surgery. Of course, every cdiffer's nightmare is if we have to take antibiotics. If I got cdiff again, how could I run to the bathroom with no knee? So I got a second opinion, and that doc thinks I don't need surgery. However, he told me that if I do, we will consult my ID doc about the AB least likely to cause cdiff again. As Amanda and Karen suggested, vanco may be a good choice. Good luck. Let us know how it goes.

fire7163
    Long Time Contributor

Postby fire7163 » Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:03 pm

ReneeTina

I had neck surgery last April. They fused C-5-6-7 and placed an artifcial disk under C-7. I discussed my concerns with my surgeon about the antibiotics as I had relapsed numereous times . His suggestion was Vanco and was more than happy to use it. Discuss your concerns with your surgeon. C-Diff and major back surgey would be a nightmare from hell

Fire

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”