Do-it-yourself fecal transplant??

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
cindym
Long Time Contributor

Postby cindym » Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:11 pm

If in the event she does not have other infections other than cdiff then SHE SHOULD NOT be on any other antibiotic other than vancocin or flagyl. No wonder the poor dear can not get better! I have been told by doctors that refuse to do fecal infusions that in the event of life or death they could get me where I needed to go to get them! It is a shame they are not readily given when they have been so successful in so many. Perhaps talk her doctors into calling one of the doctors on the doctors list to talk to them about success rates and procedure. Her electrolytes are most likely really off if she is light headed........checked potassium? I have almost died from this stuff numerous times and each and every time my potassium was way OFF. I would call in other infectious disease doctors for consult IMMEDIATELY whether the other doctors liked it or not. If they are good doctors they should support that idea when their protocol is not working.
Cindy

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”