Searching for Doctors in California for Fecal Transfer

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
Frank Dunn
Brand New Poster

Searching for Doctors in California for Fecal Transfer

Postby Frank Dunn » Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:53 pm

Does anyone know of any doctor, either an ID or a GI doctor, in Los Angeles or anywhere in California who does the fecal transfer?
Any input would be appreciated. I am in Los Angeles.
Thanks to all.

jaredkep
New User

Postby jaredkep » Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:51 am

Not to hijack your thread but I'm also interested I live in Stockton (45 mins south of Sacramento)

Mommy23
Long Time Contributor

Postby Mommy23 » Sat Oct 24, 2009 11:02 am

I believe that a user Beth22 is out in California. I know she has had a couple infusions not sure where they were done though. I'm sure she will answer your question, she has been really helpful with my battle.

anlockwood
Long Time Contributor

Postby anlockwood » Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:46 pm

Yes it is Beth who knows of a few different drs in the California area that do stool transfers although I am not sure where at in California. I am sure she will see this thread very soon and provide you some direction.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:55 pm

I pm'd both Frank and Jared. Check your messages.

Nancy1
Administrator

Postby Nancy1 » Sat Oct 24, 2009 6:48 pm

Frank and jaredkep,
Welcome to the group that no one wants to join. Be sure to read All Users Read This First, Dr. Borody's article, Dr. McDonald's article (in the FAQ section under Articles by Experts), and all areas in FAQ that interest you.

Folks here are great. I don't know where to get infusions in CA, because I didn't test positive 3 times during my 8 months of cdiff, so I never qualified for one. But as you see. there are all kinds of helpful people here. Thanks, Beth, Amanda, and Mommy23.

jaredkep
New User

Postby jaredkep » Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:24 am

Thank you so much beth22 i got your pm and thank you Nancy1 for the kind welcome and one more thanks for the rest of you! I wish everyone the best with there battles. I plan on doing a probiotic enema and pulsing with vanco so ill share the results. take care all...

HEATHER ENGLESTEAD
Brand New Poster

fecal transplant

Postby HEATHER ENGLESTEAD » Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:41 pm

There is a Dr. Hickson in St. George Utah that does fecal transplants!!! Not super close to you but hey about 9 Hours!!!
Heather Englestead

wildwind
Contributor

Postby wildwind » Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:44 pm

for jaredkep in Stockton, there is Dr. Paul Schlienitz in Medford, Oregon who performed my ng transplant successfully. He is listed under the doctor section of this forum. He is currently working with the hospital to perform them at any of our three hospitals. He performed mine in his office, took all of 20 minutes. He uses the Duluth clinic protocol.

We are about 5 hours from Sacramento (30 mile N of CA border). I would have your doctor call him to arrange it, others have had a hard time getting past the receptionists. They must hire some of them as ex-prison guards....some of them can be pretty tough, but doctors always seem to be able to get through.

I give him an A+++++

bugem2
New User

Re: Searching for Doctors in California for Fecal Transfer

Postby bugem2 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:55 pm

Loma Linda University Medical Center will do them if you push hard. My daughter had the first Peds transplant. They used NJ tube and deposited into colon and small intestine. We used Dr. Truong in pediatric GI but I know they are doing it in adults, you just have to be persistant!

doglovingirl
Brand New Poster

Postby doglovingirl » Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:18 pm

Dr. Daniel Cummings in Placerville CA (outside of Sacramento about 45 minutes) has never actually done one, but is willing to do one for me if need be. We're hoping we don't have to. But he's very knowledgeable, cautious, meticulous, smart -- I would trust him to do a good job, even if it's his first one.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:10 pm

Doglovingirl: Welcome to the site. Read the first forum ALL USERS READ THIS FIRST and its subtopics - espcially the announcements: PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU POST and GUIDELINES FOR POSTING TO OUR DISCUSSION BOARDS. They will guide you in using the site and answer some of the most frequent questions. Read Dr. Borody's and Dr. McDonald's articles and some of the topics in CDI - formerly FAQ - especially Hygiene, Nutrition, and Testing.

The majority (almost 80%) recovers with one to two rounds of Flagyl or Vancocin, but an unlucky small percentage does not and can suffer for months. Everyone eventually recovers, however, unless other factors are involved such as severe health problems or advanced age. If antibiotics contributed to your C diff, be careful about taking them again. (See CDI- Antibiotics). Some people can tolerate them without a problem; some develop C diff again. (See Dr. Borody's article)

There is a doctor in Oakland, CA who has done many stool transfers via colonoscopy. I do not have permission to post his information, but if you want his name, pm me and I can give it to you.

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”