Problems Post C Diff

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
HennyPenny68
Contributor

Problems Post C Diff

Postby HennyPenny68 » Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:02 pm

Has anyone experienced this? My last bout of c diff was last September and October of 2008 and for awhile I think I dealt with PI IBS but then I went to normal. However the last month or two I'm having issues again. I have not been on any a/b's. My symptoms are not totally like c diff but there is some abdominal pain that is like when I had c diff and have had some loose to diarrhea. I've been trying to take Welchol occasionally and it seems to help and then one day I thought I'd try Imodium. I took 2 caplets but it seemed to make me feel nauseous after taking them so I'd rather stick with Welchol. I'm just wondering if this could be a mild case of c diff?

HEATHER28
Long Time Contributor

Postby HEATHER28 » Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:00 pm

I am not a Dr but, my opinion is that your system is still recovering from the CDiff. It took me about 2yrs to feel totally "normal" again.

If thing persist or get worse go to your Dr.

You will be fine :o)
Heather

Cdiff free 7yrs! Cdiff left me with IBS but, I am dealing with it!!
"I am careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence I can reach for. Perfection is god's business." Michael J. Fox

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”