discouraged with taper

Please limit your post to questions only. You can ask multiple questions in the post. (One post per person per day about yourself. See exception in General C. diff.Discussion.)
feelinghopeful
Regular Contributor

Postby feelinghopeful » Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:45 pm

If you get disgusted with antibiotics and can't find anybody to do a transplant ... have you read this guy's success story? I don't want to proselytize but you may be able to find out who this guy found to help him through it, not that you need somebody to do that but for peace of mind. It's a very simple process. Just a thought. I hate to see anybody taking pills they don't want when there are options. Worth looking into.

http://cdiffsupport.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=5801

Someday we'll all get vaccinated. Wishing you success in killing the beast.

carrie
Regular Contributor

Postby carrie » Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:02 am

I think the videos on the entry page of this site might mention the name of the physician. If anyone needs to know who and where we works please feel free to pm me for the info as I don't think I can post his information without permission(?). I believe the procedure is not done in the hospital as it is still not an authorized procedure. Crazy considering most of the health professionals I've meet in the province of Alberta agree with what he does and believe in it.

monacat
Contributor

thanks

Postby monacat » Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:49 pm

for your info carrie. it all helps! i am on the west coast but a trip to calgary would be nothing if it would help me. i will ride out my meds and keep my fingers and toes crossed for now.

monacat
Contributor

update with gi

Postby monacat » Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:17 am

went to the gi today and told him my fears about toxicityand going on 4x250 for another 4 weeks. he said that i should do another 2 weeks (contrary to the info he gave me via his receptionist last week)and then begin to taper down again. as far as toxicity goes he said that he wasn't going to tell me that it wasnt a possibility (great. no sleep for the next week and a half with worry)but that i needed to get rid of it. he thought that i should do it but he wasnt going to write the prescription unless i asked him for it. it would be my decision. it was a gamble but one that i should take. what the..... ? this has made me paranoid. i so wish i could make this go away,safely !!!!!!!!!!

diane
Long Time Contributor

Postby diane » Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:01 pm

I was on vanco for 3 years......and I have to say that really was the least of my worries.. all I wanted was to get rid of it.. I would focus on getting better.. stress doesn't do you any good.. try and keep up your routines and be positive.... it will go away!

monacat
Contributor

3 years!

Postby monacat » Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:45 am

oh my god! i hadn't a clue what was normal and what wasn't. my family doc wouldnt give me anymore due to the possible toxic reaction that she didnt know enough about. it was my gi that did finally and so i just finished 4 weeks of 4x250 (i am still alive!! teehee!), i tapered down to 3x250 a couple days ago and so there i am. i don't know.... i hope this goes away. i don't think it has yet.
what kind of breaks did you have in between your vanco treatments. i would think that your body needs a little rest from all the drugs (a month, two?). you were on it for 3 years, what dosing finally got rid of it for you? that is a long time for something not to work and then finally kick in. did you combine it with other treatment ?

Suezer
Long Time Contributor

Postby Suezer » Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:58 am

Monacat I also am on a taper regimen. I started at 250mg 3 X a day(2 weeks). I am almost done with 2 weeks of 2 X a day. Saturday I taper down to 1 X a day. Then I will pulse. Is your Doctor going to have you pulse? Pulsing is what mops up any left over spores. Seems you and I are both in the same realm of treatment, feel free to pm me anytime if you need to vent or just want a buddy to go through this with you. I know it would help me as well. Hang in there and take care!

Sue
Hoping for a cure.

diane
Long Time Contributor

Postby diane » Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:43 pm

monacat.. I was on it for 3 years.. the longest I was able to go without a relapse was like a 5 days.. I did a very long taper/pulse dose.... I think I posted the exact info on here.. if you don't see it let me know and I will type it out .. what works for one is different for others though.. I had a very bad case of it and it was a long haul. Most people don't have it that long.. I did not get any toxicity from the vanco and it is frustrating and I have many fears of going on antibiotics.. I have been sick a few times and try the natural appoach.. I am fighting an upper respitory infection right now and I am taking mucinex, tylenol and air borne...... so I am praying it goes away.. keep your head up.. cdiff does go away and it has its own mind when it will

Return to “Questions about Clostridium difficile”